IOBD2

If your breaking a car or have spares that you want to sell, advertise here.
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

I am looking into a bulk purchase of the new IOBD2 which you may have seen in some of the ford mags,

Please see image which I posted to this sites Facebook page I forgot to copy and paste txt so I have uploaded a screen shot

Any questions just ask

Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

{text-align: center;}
patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

The ‘My Dashboard’ feature is the unique selling point which makes iOBD2 the most exciting new product to be released to the UK Aftermarket in 2012.

This dynamic and visually stimulating function allows the user to have full control over which engine/vehicle data they wish to see where at different driving conditions such as at idle, Cruise and sport mode.

The [My Dashboard] function includes:
[Idle mode] [Cruise mode][Sport mode]:

These three pages of gauges can be each individually set and alter at any time, the list of engine sensor categories that are available for you to use are listed below:

Engine speed (RPM)
Corrected vehicle speed
Lambda loop Control
Boost/vacuum combo gauge
Acceleration (and braking)
Battery Voltage
Inst. fuel economy
Average fuel economy (MPG)
Timing (spark advance)
Engine coolant temp
Intake air temp
Manifold absolute pressure
Mass air flow
Fuel trims, short and long term
Percent engine load
Catalyst temp
Fuel pressure
Lambda gauge
Air/fuel ratio
These may differ depending on your specific make and model of vehicle;
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

Under The [Diagnosis] menu key Engine Diagnostic features includes:

[Read DTC]: Read the current DTC (Fault Codes) the engine has stored.

[Clear DTC]: Clear all the current DTC (Fault Codes).

[Live data]: Read all the Sensor parameters that related to the Engine ECU.

[Freeze frame data]: OBD systems record exactly when a engine fault occurs and will save sensor parameter data when the DTC is set. And this group of data is called freeze frame data.

[Readiness test]: Readiness reflects the status that all the valid diagnostic functions. The diagnostic functions are referring to the important monitoring functions in OBD system, e.g. Lambda Sensor monitoring, O2 sensor heater monitoring, and EGR system monitoring, etc.

[Read vehicle info]: Read vehicle info such as Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Calibration IDs (CALLID) and Calibration Verification Number (CVN).*

[Sensor test]: This service is to allow access to the on-board oxygen sensor monitoring test results. The same information may be obtained by the use of [Mode 6 test] *

[Mode 6 test]: This service is to allow access to the results for on-board diagnostic monitoring tests of specific components that are not continuously monitored. Examples are catalyst monitoring and the evaporative system monitoring.*

[EVAP System Test]: The purpose of this service is to enable the external test equipment to control the operation of an on-board system, test or component *

*Please note some functions and features are vehicle specific and may not be available depending on the make, model and age of your vehicle.
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

The [Performance test] function allows the user to time their vehicle over distance, have you ever wondered if your vehicle is quicker than your friends? Now with this feature you can quickly put each other to the test and save your results for future reference.

[Accelerate/Decelerate test]: Test acceleration / deceleration process time and distance

[0 to 400m acceleration test]: test spend time from 0 to 400 meters giving highly accurate performance readouts.

The [History] menu allows you to review all of your past saved information such as:

Record DTC, live data, freeze frame data, my dashboard data, plus you can share the record what you get from the car by iOBD2 on Twitter and Facebook.

Under [Settings] you can select a previous vehicle from the list and customise values such as temperature, speed and distance i.e. degrees/ mph / miles.

User ‘My Dashboard’ can be customised and edited individually to each vehicle and saved for future reference, over speed, coolant overheating and fatigue alarms can be set and configured here too.
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

iOBD2, an innovative new automotive product designed for car owners and enthusiasts to connect their Smart Phone wirelessly to their vehicles 16pin diagnostic socket (standard on most vehicles 1998 onwards) giving current engine related data(EOBD / OBDII) including full fault code listing and engine component live data readings.

Connectivity is made via Bluetooth (Android) or wifi (iPhone/ iPod) from the user’s smartphone to the iOBD2 Hardware which is quick and simple. Once the iOBD2 software is downloaded (Free) and installed you then can select your vehicle in the menu then vehicle communications will be established.

What makes this product unique from all the other engine EOBD / OBDII scanners is the dynamic ‘My Dashboard’ feature which allows the user to select various engine data to be shown on visual ‘Dash Gauges’ these are real time and displayed with pin point accuracy enhancing your driving experience.

The following tabs will show the different menu options the dynamic iOBD2 software offers. Please note the free iOBD2 software will only work with the iOBD2 Hardware we supply.
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

davecl
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec
Refferer: Google

Re: IOBD2

Post by davecl »

obd bluetooth dongles are on ebay from around £6
MK7 Fiesta Zetec, 3-Door, Squeeze Green, Checkers, OTT Stripe, Rear Window Stickers, Red LED Footwell lights, Pipercross HFIC, Under bonnet dress-up, Climair Wind Deflectors, Sunstrip, 20% Window Tints, De-Badged, Custom Powerflow cat-back exhaust, 45mm Lowering Springs.

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

davecl wrote:obd bluetooth dongles are on ebay from around £6
With same features as above
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011

davecl
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec
Refferer: Google

Re: IOBD2

Post by davecl »

Sorry mate, no wish to offend.
I was under the impression that the features were software which is clearly stated as being free so I was just thinking why pay £50 if you can get them for £6?
If the features are hardware then I stand corrected :D
MK7 Fiesta Zetec, 3-Door, Squeeze Green, Checkers, OTT Stripe, Rear Window Stickers, Red LED Footwell lights, Pipercross HFIC, Under bonnet dress-up, Climair Wind Deflectors, Sunstrip, 20% Window Tints, De-Badged, Custom Powerflow cat-back exhaust, 45mm Lowering Springs.

patterson

IOBD2

Post by patterson »

davecl wrote:Sorry mate, no wish to offend.
I was under the impression that the features were software which is clearly stated as being free so I was just thinking why pay £50 if you can get them for £6?
If the features are hardware then I stand corrected :D
None taken, I'm still waiting to get a sample so I can see what it's all about. But what does this dongle thing do?

This item seems to plug into the OBD port and transmit data direct to an app on a smartphone and from what I have seen in the fast ford mag it looks like you can do alot with the data etc
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011