New here or never introduced yourself?
Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Focus ST
Refferer: matti26

Re: Another metal owner

Post by Dal »

andrew43 wrote:well two cars dal zs like i have with full leather and all the toys with mp140 or the metal with everything apart from the reversing mirror
get the metal mate, im pretty impressed with the performance - and sound. the power start and heated seats are nice, just like i had in the focus so i dont actually miss much. oh and the bluetooth works which stopped when i upgraded my iPhone so thats a bonus :geek:

Dal
fiesta metal 2012
privacy glass, power start, BT/USB, eibach pro springs, HID's 6000k, mp induction kit, zetec s grill, mp spoiler entensions
-------------------------------------

{text-align: center;}
andrew43
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: zetec-s mp140

Post by andrew43 »

Dal wrote:
andrew43 wrote:Black or silver wheels dal will look good with the black wheels and mountune stripe,i had a mail from dave moore yesterday saying the carbon mirror covers will be back in stock in a few weeks and that they are gooing to be releasing carbon interior parts for all the cars they cover at mountune
black wheels are standard on the metal. im think carbon mirrors and the cardon stripe then.

They are going all out on the mk7 now as there is plenty of life left in the old dog so lots of new bits coming our way.

Hopefully get a price today on all the bits i want including the MR155 - dont see the point going to MP140 as it has 132PS now, although you do have more grunt in the 140 due to the map and the full system

Dal
have you got all your bits sorted dal looking forward to seeing the pics

Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Dal »

i hear the front grill is different on the ZS against my metal. been looking at pics and i cant tell the difference - anyone got any pics?
fiesta metal 2012
privacy glass, power start, BT/USB, eibach pro springs, HID's 6000k, mp induction kit, zetec s grill, mp spoiler entensions

DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Post by DGZS »

Dal wrote:i hear the front grill is different on the ZS against my metal. been looking at pics and i cant tell the difference - anyone got any pics?
From looking at pics of the metal i'd say it is different to the zs, although dont know if they've changed the grille on the newer zs's. Cant upload any pics of mine at the moment cos my phone wont let me. Have a look at my project thread, you might be able to tell from pics on there.

Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Dal »

DGZS wrote:
Dal wrote:i hear the front grill is different on the ZS against my metal. been looking at pics and i cant tell the difference - anyone got any pics?
From looking at pics of the metal i'd say it is different to the zs, although dont know if they've changed the grille on the newer zs's. Cant upload any pics of mine at the moment cos my phone wont let me. Have a look at my project thread, you might be able to tell from pics on there.
cheers bud - will have a look!
:D
fiesta metal 2012

andyessex
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: S1600 134
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by andyessex »

hey guys
well tbh...the grille difference is pretty much what put me off the metal as a replacement for mine. the grille / bumber on the metal is the same as all the other fiesta trim levels other than the ZS, but the metal has the skirt around the bottom. bit silly really as the metal is a quicker version of the ZS but lacks the sport grille. when i told ford this.. they immediately said they would change it (to get the sale!) i have seen pictures, if you nose about on here you will find them, you can just about see mine (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=624) and another metal owner in essex (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=621)

hope you are enjoying the metal Dal - ive not seen you around chelmo yet! lol

Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Dal »

andyessex wrote:hey guys
well tbh...the grille difference is pretty much what put me off the metal as a replacement for mine. the grille / bumber on the metal is the same as all the other fiesta trim levels other than the ZS, but the metal has the skirt around the bottom. bit silly really as the metal is a quicker version of the ZS but lacks the sport grille. when i told ford this.. they immediately said they would change it (to get the sale!) i have seen pictures, if you nose about on here you will find them, you can just about see mine (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=624) and another metal owner in essex (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=621)

hope you are enjoying the metal Dal - ive not seen you around chelmo yet! lol
its not really a deal breaker after discount the part is £30 and its an easy swap.

i cant even tell the difference and i have been looking at pictures and cant see the difference so it cant be that much of a change.
fiesta metal 2012

Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Dal »

i still cant see the difference Andy, with those links.

havent driven it much due to the weather we have an EP3 so tend to drive that at the moment. so far i have been well impressed.
fiesta metal 2012

trecoll
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium S TDCi
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by trecoll »

Not the best as its hard to find a straight on picture of a metal trim car for some reason!

A random metal on the left, my "Titanium S" ( :lol: ) on the right.

Dal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Dal »

trecoll wrote:Image

Not the best as its hard to find a straight on picture of a metal trim car for some reason!

A random metal on the left, my "Titanium S" ( :lol: ) on the right.

Is that the only difference LOL

no wonder i could tell. great pic fella - cheers for that!

I have ordered the replacement bumper part, as its having all the grey bumper bits done gloss black shortly.
fiesta metal 2012