A spare tyre question

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7 2010 Zetec
Refferer: Search Engine

A spare tyre question

Post by Bravesoul »

Hi there people

I was wondering if anyone out there knew wither it was possible to replace the tyre inflation kit on my Fiesta with a full sized 15" alloy ? I just bought the alloy and the tyre, so I went to Ford and shelled out another £70 for a wrench, a Jack and the screw to keep it all in ace. However the guy at the counter says it won't work, he' order the foam that all the stuff sits in but doesn't think it will fit.

The reason is that Ford don't want you to have a usable spare, they want you to have the space saver. And you're not meant to drive more that a set distance on that. Now he hasn't charged me for the foam holder yet but it's on order, has anyone done this before ? I thought it was reasonable request to have a tyre you could use to get yourself home and the repair the other one whenever you liked.

Surely the only issue would be the wheel sticking up alittle proud of the flooring level and I could make an inch thick wooden space for that.

Anyway I'm typing this outside the Ford place in Linwood so I better move off home.

{text-align: center;}
DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Re: A spare tyre question

Post by DGZS »

It should fit ok as some models come with a full size spare as standard. Think the dealer just wants more money from you as I think the inflation kit thing costs about £65 to replace!! I've got a 17" alloy as my spare which fits in the spare wheel well just sits an inch or so proud so I'm gonna make a false floor to cover it, just need to find a way of securing the wheel although it doesn't actually move about much!

CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Post by CarlW »

I purchased a 2012 Econettic two monts ago and it came with the foam kit. I purchased a 14in Alloy to match those on the car and had a 175/65x14 tyre fitted. I purchased the jack off eBay and the foam insert & screw from my local dealer and it goes in the well just fine. Only problem I had was that there are two screws listed and I tried both and neither were long enough! I ended up using the plastic cap that came with one of the screws one I made my own screw using a length of 8mm (I think) stainless steel studding an a couple of nuts.

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

Ok today I finally picked up the foam that houses the jack kit for my mk7. Last week the bloke who sold me the tool kit said that we could test fit the whole kit once the foam arrives. But he wasn't there so I did it myself, everything fitted really well. Apart from the retaining bolt that holds my alloy in place, it was far to short.

So the guy behind the counter looked through the computer and found a long one. I have to pick it later on today, here's hoping it works out well. Other wise I'll have to build one myself and just use the plastic alloy protector from the short bolt

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

It worked, I now have a full sized spare alloy wheel. Nice one, it cost a bit and took 3 weeks to get all the elements together. But it was totally worth it, I'm very pleased with it too.

Everything I have bought so far I have managed to fit to the car except for the new stereo. Which will take abit of time to remove and refit. And I'm alittle nervous about ripping my dash to bits to change the cd player, and I kinda wish I had shelled out a few more quid for the Sony one. It just looks more classy and a bit better quality IMO.

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

A spare tyre question

Post by tonyk »

Dash is easy peasy. Image

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

Is it just me or does that picture scare the brown squidgy stuff right out of you ? Basically ripping the dash apart, I know I have to do it because the CD is so much better than the original factory fitted one. Plus it has Bluetooth if I ever wanna go down that route at some point.

When and if I do this will I just keep starring at it thinking you're not the top of the range Sony one ? Does anyone know if there is any way I could fit a USB port to my stereo ? It mainly to have my iphone attached and for updates to download to it. I just love the thought of the tracks playing and the ames appearing on screen My car only has an aux port next to the power socket, is there a kit for this or am I just stuck with what Ford have given me

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

USB would need to be retrofitted in conjunction with Bluetooth. It would be pricey though, £250-300 at a guess for parts (Bluetooth & USB module, wiring loom, microphone, indicator stalk with voice control button, plastic trim & USB connection down by gearstick etc)
It is possible because I've seen it done and been involved with activating it, just requires finding the parts and a price you're happy with them getting someone to activate it for you.

alan2150uk
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Edge
Refferer: Google

Post by alan2150uk »

Hi I have a Fiesta Edge 2012 Model, and have been trying to RetoFit the Bluetooth And also upgrade the CD/Radio to the Sony Unit. I bought the Sony Unit and the Screen and that works Nicely with both my exiting Head unit and the sony one. Still using the original Head unit as it has a USB Port on the back of it.

The issue Iam having is, when I connect the Bluetooth Wiring Loom to the Connector under the control panel, it doesn't see the Bluetooth but the USB Works just fine if I try and pair my phone I hear the voice asking me to enter the code displayed on the screen issue is nothing is displayed......ummmmmmm

Any Ideas would be great.

I have tried 2 diffrent BT Modules both do the same I think it's the loom as its from a 09 reg fiesta. I am going to check it once my bro brings over his fiesta for me to pull apart. ;D