A spare tyre question

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: A spare tyre question

Post by Nath »

You need someone with IDS to activate Bluetooth before it will work

{text-align: center;}
Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7 2010 Zetec
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Bravesoul »

Ok quick update, I still have the stereo that came with the car and is still in it now. I also have the upgraded version, with Bluetooth and better functions. However I've managed to get my grubby little paws on a top of the range Sony dab cd unit. I took delivery of it yesterday, so today I went out and bought a huge awray of screwdrivers etc to fit it.

I still have the same concerns though, how easy is it to fit ? Will it still work even though I don't have Bluetooth ? Is it noticabley better quality than the factory fitted one ? Do I need anything that I dont already have in order to make the dab work ? I k ow I ask a lot of questions but in my defence I am pretty thick lol

But I have to admit it does look darn lovely, all black and glossy

PS everything else I bought I managed to fit myself, still have a few things I'd like to take care of but it will take time unfortunately. Oh and I now think I need front brake pads and brake discs. Going to ford tomorrow to see how much the want to con out of me. I mean change me for them

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Bravesoul wrote:Ok quick update, I still have the stereo that came with the car and is still in it now. I also have the upgraded version, with Bluetooth and better functions. However I've managed to get my grubby little paws on a top of the range Sony dab cd unit. I took delivery of it yesterday, so today I went out and bought a huge awray of screwdrivers etc to fit it.

I still have the same concerns though, how easy is it to fit ? Will it still work even though I don't have Bluetooth ? Is it noticabley better quality than the factory fitted one ? Do I need anything that I dont already have in order to make the dab work ? I k ow I ask a lot of questions but in my defence I am pretty thick lol

But I have to admit it does look darn lovely, all black and glossy

PS everything else I bought I managed to fit myself, still have a few things I'd like to take care of but it will take time unfortunately. Oh and I now think I need front brake pads and brake discs. Going to ford tomorrow to see how much the want to con out of me. I mean change me for them
It's very easy to fit, just take out out the old one (some instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1eZvobdqvo) and put in the new one ;)
Yes the radio should work, but Bluetooth won't if you don't have it
Definitely better sound
DAB aerial from Ford or breakers if you can find one

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

I went to Ford yesterday for a quote, eventually after being messed around for a while they came up with £266.02. That's for new brake pads, new brake discs and tracking on all 4 tyres. Their going to pick it up from my work on Monday morning, do the job then drop it back off around 4 in the afternoon

As for the Sony stereo I seen another video on you tube, the guy ( James Simpson ) made it look abit easier. He worked his way from the screen shroud downwards. All I need is a trim removal tool and I'm sorted ( I hope ) Still abit scary but we'll see how it goes :-)

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

On Friday I had loads to do, and then found myself with a few hours to spare. Aha I thought lets get the Sony plumbed in the car. So with a home made trim removal tool I stripped the display shroud off using a fair amount of force. After abit of jiggling around I removed the stereo front to reveal the cd drive.

After taking out the drive I removed all the packaging from the Sony. And low and behold the connectors were different, nothing else I could do other than fit my spare updated stereo.

In the end it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, you just need to have a bit of courage to remove things with more force than you think the part can handle. At the end of it (about an hours worth of work) I have a slightly better stereo but not the best. But more importantly I have a much bigger and brighter display. I did toy with the idea of putting the Sony front on with the other cd drive, but it would be a waste.

Shame there wasn't some kind of wiring loom converter that could allow me to fit the Sony dab stereo because it really is a thing of beauty.

Anyway the moral of the story is give it a try, if I can swap a stereo around them just about anyone can just have faith :-)

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

A spare tyre question

Post by tonyk »

Bravesoul wrote:
Shame there wasn't some kind of wiring loom converter that could allow me to fit the Sony dab stereo because it really is a thing of beauty.
*cough*
http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?t=1479
;)

Bravesoul
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Bravesoul »

I know there are sites online that sell conversion harnesses like http://www.caraudioni.com I'm not sure if they have that exact one though. I've not been on the site for ages, so it might have changed abit since then