Local Ford dealer USB upgrade

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
8A1L3Y
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Search Engine

Local Ford dealer USB upgrade

Post by 8A1L3Y »

Hi Guys,

Had my Mk7 (58 plate) for just under a month now, and love it to bits. I only have one small niggle though... Having driven a couple of newer Mk7’s with factory-fitted USB in the past, I kinda miss not having the track information on screen, and having the ability to control tracks through the steering wheel controls.

I do have Bluetooth, however as I think I’m on an outdated version of the audio firmware, I don’t seem to be able to stream audio from my phone (which would have been an acceptable alternative to not having USB).

So... I just wondered if anyone had managed to have their non-USB Mk7 upgraded to the Aux/USB setup next to the handbrake by their local dealer? The reason I ask, is that I’ve tried ringing a few of the Ford garages local to me (in the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire areas) and don’t seem to be able to get a straight answer on a) if they can do it, or b) how much it might cost if they can.

I believe some of the members on this site have managed to get their Mk7’s upgraded to USB in the past through a member with the know-how and correct tools, so am a little baffled when some Ford technicians are either saying that it’s impossible to do other than in the factory :snooty: :liar:, respond to me as if I’m requesting something in a completely made-up language :doh:, or, in the case of one technician (who was able to give me the price for a part that would be needed – think he looked it up on the system) try to talk me out of going ahead with it, as the work involved would be this, that and the other (even though I’d be paying for the work to done, lol).

So just wondered really if anyone in the same position as me had had any better luck with their local Ford?

Cheers Guys.

{text-align: center;}
Capt Black
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 2009 TitaniumX
Refferer: Google

Re: Local Ford dealer USB upgrade

Post by Capt Black »

Hi guys,

I have the same problem! I have just purchased my 09 Fiesta Titanium and I don't have the update so I can only use my Bluetooth for phone and no music.

I have followed the instructions on another thread and I cannot get it to update.

Here is what I have done:

Downloaded Nov12 zip file and extracted it to my computer.

Transferred all 21 files to a FAT32 Formatted USB stick

turned radio on without the car started

Inserted USB stick

Pushed the power button but did not start the engine (keyless)

Message then comes up "Update failed. Please restart update"

I haven't hard reset the system as I am not sure how to do that. I don't have the options that are listed above.

Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Re: Local Ford dealer USB upgrade

Post by Maniak »

which module you have?