Adding USB?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
titaniumash
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Adding USB?

Post by titaniumash »

Hi,
I am picking up my 2009 1.6 tdci titanium on Saturday but unfortunatley does not have the hands free feature. It has the standard stereo with 6 buttons.

What would I need to source if I wanted hands free? I.e. new head unit, new display, mic, bluetooth module? Would I need any loom or will it already be there?
Hoping to find all the stuff in my local scrappy.

Thanks in advance

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

titaniumash wrote:Hi,
I am picking up my 2009 1.6 tdci titanium on Saturday but unfortunatley does not have the hands free feature. It has the standard stereo with 6 buttons.

What would I need to source if I wanted hands free? I.e. new head unit, new display, mic, bluetooth module? Would I need any loom or will it already be there?
Hoping to find all the stuff in my local scrappy.

Thanks in advance
This is what I have been told by a member that has retrofitted Bluetooth with USB:
Bluetooth module
screw to bolt module to panel
Mic
Panel for roof (needed to cut out some of roof lining, while doing that i also added a focus interior light with map lights)
Stalk with voice control button
Multiline display
Control panel with extra buttons
new plastic trim for USB port
Usb port itself

I think i had two loom extensions one which had the module/control panel/usb sockets and another which went up to the mic which plugged into the other one (not 100% certain)

Aydo01
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta

Post by Aydo01 »

Does anyone know of anywhere in Brisbane Australia that I could get the radio updated from? I have the Bluetooth module installed I just need to have the radio configured. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TolisMk7
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7 2010 titanium

Post by TolisMk7 »

Hello Guys. I am from Greece so forgive me if my english are bad. I recentry bought a bluetooth with usb module 8M5T-19C112-ER. I have installed it in my car and bluetooth,voice commands works ok but when i insert usb stick says initialization please wait and it reads it but it does not plays anything. I tried to my locals ford service to activte it without any result. I suppose they dont know the procedure. Could you please someone tells me the ids programing procedure in pm or here so i can help them to resolve th problem? Its to bad to loose the money i bought the module for the ids activation. I have called more ford workshops but they dont seem to know the procedure. All of them said to come there and try.. Please someone to help me...Thanks for listening.!!

opium
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: moi

Post by opium »

Hello, have you found a solution? I am in the same case my phone streams music on ford audio but nothing is displayed in the menu aux, no possibility to change USB source FORD AUDIO IPOD. I have already updated the Bluetooth module enable the option with ids try to disconnect the battery fuses but nothing. Anyone have the solution? Thank you