wired in sub and speakers go quiet

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
jfezmk7
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: google

wired in sub and speakers go quiet

Post by jfezmk7 »

Hi all

Ive got a slight problem with the setup of a subwoofer installation in my mk7 zetec s . After completing the installation everything works fine until the ignition is turned a few times to test the setup. After a few turns of the ignition all the speakers go really quiet unless i remove the rca converter and remote lead (blue cable) to remove the sub installation. Is there anything Ive done wrong or is the standard head unit no good for sub installations?

Thanks for any advice and look forward to being a member of the forum 8-)

{text-align: center;}
tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Re: wired in sub and speakers go quiet

Post by tonyk »

Sounds silly but have you connected to the right speaker with. I had no issues hocking mine up, disconnected the rears and used the rear channel to control the sub volume.