Chinese VCM II clone

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jeffcooper
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec 1.6 Diesel
Refferer: google

Chinese VCM II clone

Post by Jeffcooper »

Hi, a new newbie here, (I'm an oldie actually, although some of the Zetec S's on here still look good to these aged eyes 8-) ) - anyways, as is my want with all vehicles I've owned, I've already started trying to update my White 1.6 TD zetec upto the Titanium spec, and since parts seem very cheap on the 'bay, I wanted to try programming the BCM etc myself to activate them - so I chanced £86 on a chinese VCM II clone on aliexpress.com - It arrived very quickly with DHL tracking (had to pay a £3.81 extra charge?) and came with shall we say a "pre-configured" V86 version of some software that looks identical to Ford IDS (?!). I have now got cruise control, and am looking at the folding mirrors, and the auto wiper/headlight conversions next, and the clone/SW worked a treat (combined with ETIS access, and the Russian AS-Built file getter/editor/saver)

I was extremely happy, until I discovered the same seller now selling the item at £66 (including shipping) !!! - which is a brilliant price for this bit of kit. So if anyone is after something like this, the sellers name is ZLS Tech.

P.S I'm not working for them !!!! just giving a heads up to anyone thinking about doing this sort of stuff

{text-align: center;}
SWtechnologies
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Chinese VCM II clone

Post by SWtechnologies »

How did you activate the the cruse control? I'm looking at doing this. I was told you needed a file to do this?
SW technologies

Fiesta ZetecS 1.6 TDCI

Jeffcooper
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Jeffcooper »

Sorry for delay in answering - you need to download the as-built.xml file using the russian as-built editor, use it to add cruise, and then write it back to the car with the IDS system. Plus of course you need to change the steering wheel controls! It's scary, but pretty easy once you get over the fear.

Steve65
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Steve65 »

Can this VCM II Clone be used to update the Bluetooth module settings ?

I have a 2009 Titanium with the "Bluetooth Voice Connectivity" module which I'm going to replace with a "Bluetooth Voice Connectivity with USB". I was planning to take
to my local Ford dealer to have them connect to their Ford IDS to make the necessary changes.

Jeffcooper
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Jeffcooper »

I've checked on the russian as-built editor - it has a "bluetooth + USB" option - bad thing though is that the prices on the VCM's seem to have shot up. Also, IDS on its own will not edit some of the cars functions - and Ford dealers may well not want to do what you want, and would probably say it's impossible!

Steve65
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Steve65 »

Jeffcooper wrote:I've checked on the russian as-built editor - it has a "bluetooth + USB" option - bad thing though is that the prices on the VCM's seem to have shot up. Also, IDS on its own will not edit some of the cars functions - and Ford dealers may well not want to do what you want, and would probably say it's impossible!
Thanks Jeff, Yes saw the price has gone up. Was seriously considering buying one at £66 since I will probably pay close to that to my Ford dealer for a one
off change. Luckily the master technician at my ford dealer understands what I'm trying to do. This change has been done by many people already (including myself
on other vehicles). The car in question is currently in the midlands (Loughborough) with my Son. Where about's are you ? Cheers Steve.

bigi
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2013 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Refferer: Search Engine/Forum/

Post by bigi »

I am looking at updating our 2013 Fiesta to force the DAB option to be enabled (you can change the option in IDS but the moment you write it to the car it resets it to disabled again!). One option was to download the as-built and modify on the Focccus as built editor page - but not sure how yo use IDS to write it back? from looking at the xml file the editor saves versus the downloaded original as-built file they are both XML so i assume you just rename the edited file to the VIN filename that the downloaded file is called, take the IDS editor offline and force it to use the local file?