LED Halo Rings, Help!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
mpwood123
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: MK7 Zetec S MP155
Refferer: Google

LED Halo Rings, Help!

Post by mpwood123 »

Hi guys, this may sound really silly but I bought some LED Fog Halo Rings from SiCo Developments, I received them and I've tried wiring them in however wiring them to the battery means they stay on all the time. Where am I supposed to wire them so that they only come on when the ignition is on? The wires come with invertors (but no instructions) which apparently mean they can be run as daylight running or only on with sidelights?!

Not sure how that works but any help on where to wire them to an ignition source would be great! Cheers

{text-align: center;}
OMFGKarl
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Metal
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: LED Halo Rings, Help!

Post by OMFGKarl »

Hi there,

Nice one getting some of the Halo's, personally think they look amazing.

You don't want to wire to the battery, as you have said this leaves them on all the while. You need to decide if you want them on as an ignition live or as a sidelight live.

Ignition live:
This requires finding a fuse in your fusebox that is live when the ignition comes on. Wiring from said fuse to a relay, and then to earth and then from the battery live to a fuse to the relay and then to the Halos. Then from there earth the Halos on a suitable part of the chassis.

Sidelight live:
Involves the same steps but instead of wiring your relay to a fuse you can splice into the sidelights so that your relay comes on with the sidelights.

If you're uncomfortable with cutting wires or aren't happy with doing electricals I urge you massively to find someone who can help you. Be it a shop or someone on here who lives close by. However, I'm happy to explain in more detail should it be needed. (only got 5 mins left of my lunch though)

Cheers

Karl

minit37
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta zetec s - mk7
Refferer: Browsing internet

Post by minit37 »

Hey,
I got the same halo lights and again, they didn't come with instruction.
I wanted to have them on with the side lights, Tried some wires but couldn't get them to turn on,
Any change anyone knows what wires they need to be connected to?
Thanks

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

Hi all, I can try and pull up some wiring diagrams and work out what wire you would need to splice into on the headlamp connector, if of any use?
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

minit37
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta zetec s - mk7
Refferer: Browsing internet

Post by minit37 »

Hey, that would help a lot!
Tired two wires so far an no luck, want to avoid cutting them.

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Ideally shouldn't be on full brightness in the dark... As they are intense - to be seen in daylight! ;)

You can get these realys like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daytime-Runni ... Sw54xUXRNT with a 'dim when on main beam' feature... I have one - but haven't got round to wiring it in yet :mrgreen:

These are the DRLs on my wifes Fiesta...

And these halos on my Legacy...

And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31