Adding USB?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Sentien13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta ECO
Refferer: Google

Re: Adding USB?

Post by Sentien13 »

Awesome, I know what to search for now!

As for the software, from the pages and pages of forums I have read I need to ask for the guys to plug in the Ford ETIS software and then just enable a single setting then I can update later via USB stick?

As I said before, its going to be tricky to get them to understand what I want them to do, let alone actually agreeing to it!

{text-align: center;}
lukeMk7
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta Zetec Mk7
Refferer: google

Post by lukeMk7 »

other than a ford dealer where is the best place to find the module?

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

lukeMk7 wrote:other than a ford dealer where is the best place to find the module?
eBay, they don't come up very often though. Could try breakers yard if you can get them to understand what you're after.

Nath

Post by Nath »

Sentien13 wrote:Awesome, I know what to search for now!

As for the software, from the pages and pages of forums I have read I need to ask for the guys to plug in the Ford ETIS software and then just enable a single setting then I can update later via USB stick?

As I said before, its going to be tricky to get them to understand what I want them to do, let alone actually agreeing to it!
Tonight I made a guide for this which I can send over if you need it. Just need a willing dealer or mechanic with Ford IDS + VCM to follow my instructions.

AutosoundBlackpool
Services
Services
Drives: Mk7 RS van - Audi RS4

Post by AutosoundBlackpool »

Another option is fit a Parrot Mki9200 handsfree car kit. Bluetooth handsfree, USB, made for i-pod with charging, 3.5mm jack and A2DP bluetooth music streaming. And you can take it with you if you sell the car. Well worth considering. :)
We're not just a business - we're car enthusiasts that love a challenge and do what others say can't be done.
FIESTA Mk7.com Forum Discounts for members

AUTOSOUND (BLACKPOOL)
01253 283381 / 07973 353632
www.autosoundblackpool.co.uk
autosound21@aol.com

Nath

Post by Nath »

AutosoundBlackpool wrote:Another option is fit a Parrot Mki9200 handsfree car kit. Bluetooth handsfree, USB, made for i-pod with charging, 3.5mm jack and A2DP bluetooth music streaming. And you can take it with you if you sell the car. Well worth considering. :)
But the Ford one does all that, is integrated and looks much better :)

lukeMk7
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta Zetec Mk7

Post by lukeMk7 »

Tonight I made a guide for this which I can send over if you need it. Just need a willing dealer or mechanic with Ford IDS + VCM to follow my instructions.
can you PM me the quide please.

thanks

luke

Nath

Post by Nath »

lukeMk7 wrote:

thanks

luke
It's a PDF saved on my computer. PM me an email address and I'll send it over.

Sentien13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta ECO

Post by Sentien13 »

Ok, so i've been almost daily trawling Ebay (.com/.co.uk/.be/.fr/.nl) for one of these modules and have only spotted one that sold for a whopping £168! Thats without P+P and I would be hit even harder due to not living in the UK.

I'm soon to have some time off work so can start hunting for scrap yards nearby, when I find one i'll update my adventures on fitting it....
If anyone is interested I have found a PDF "guide" to fitting the module it is however in Dutch though with plenty of pictures so its easy to follow, if you want a copy message me your e-mail address.

jmp
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta MK7

Post by jmp »

Nath wrote:
lukeMk7 wrote:

thanks

luke
It's a PDF saved on my computer. PM me an email address and I'll send it over.
Hello Nath

I have a problem with IDS programming. My Ford dealer tried to do this, but it doesn't work.
To be honest it works partially, I can go to the USB by arrows and OK button, I can see mp3 files, but I can't play it. When I'm trying to play nothing happens, audio returns to radio mode. After pressing the AUX button, I can select only aux (it's not possible to select usb, or ipod).
I'm affraid that not all the needed settings are correctly configured.

Could you please send me an instruction.
my email is: gbiegaj@o2.pl

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
jmp