Spare tyre

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jack
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.4 oil buring Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Spare tyre

Post by Jack »

In the past I’ve always had a full size and spec spare.

I now have a tin of gel and a pump in the boot and to be honest it doesn't inspire me with confidence – a hole on the wall (not one for withdrawing cash :D ) or worse still a blow out :o and you're somewhat stranded.

Anyone have horror stories or perhaps even good news stories that might help me decide whether to find a real spare.

{text-align: center;}
Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Spare tyre

Post by Doc943 »

Get a spare. My second outing in my new Fiesta met a pothole with my name on it. The gunge was absolutely useless, it rained on me, my missus was totally fed up, the AA took an hour to reach me and another hour to tow to a tyre garage. The cost of a new tyre and alignment was near criminal (no way to shop around when all you've got is a can of gunge!) and the tyre fitter blasted me for getting gunge over overalls when the hole was never gonna be fixed by gunge in the first place! Never will I ever go without a spare again! Ever!

Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Spare tyre

Post by Blueoval09 »

Just invested in a spare wheel, got horrendous quotes from ford so went to a breakers yard, got a mk 2 mondy 15" steel rim (wouldn't split a set of alloys i liked so no choice!) and a jack for £30, then had a hankook ventus tyre put on it for £50, just had to go for a 50 profile to keep the rolling circumference the same as the rims smaller, worked out to be cheaper than just a rim from ford! Only down side is the spare sits 1/2" proud in the wheel well but i've cut a piece of ply to line the boot so all good :0) much more reassuring than a tub of gunk!

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Spare tyre

Post by Nath »

Blueoval09 wrote:Just invested in a spare wheel, got horrendous quotes from ford so went to a breakers yard, got a mk 2 mondy 15" steel rim (wouldn't split a set of alloys i liked so no choice!) and a jack for £30, then had a hankook ventus tyre put on it for £50, just had to go for a 50 profile to keep the rolling circumference the same as the rims smaller, worked out to be cheaper than just a rim from ford! Only down side is the spare sits 1/2" proud in the wheel well but i've cut a piece of ply to line the boot so all good :0) much more reassuring than a tub of gunk!
Aren't Mondeo's 5 stud?

DGZS
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Re: Spare tyre

Post by DGZS »

Aren't Mondeo's 5 stud?[/quote]

Mk2 was 4 stud, think they changed to 5 stud when they made the mk3

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Spare tyre

Post by Blueoval09 »

Mk3 on are, mk1 & 2 are 4 stud, same offset as the fiesta as well so i've been told