1.6 TDCi Oil Pressure Light - How long to extinguish?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Post by CarlW »

I have a Fiesta Econetic which was registered on 1/3/12 and has now completed just over 3200 miles, I purchased it at 911 miles and have completed 2300 miles in less than 4-weeks. I'm very happy with it so far, fuel consumption has so far averaged 69.32mpg.

I've noticed however that the oil pressure light takes about 2.5 seconds to extinguish when the engine is started and I didn't notice this when I first got the car. It's the same whether the engine is hot or cold.

Can anyone comment on how long their oil light takes to extinguish on the 1.6 TDCi Econetic?

Also does anyone know if there is a non-return valve that stops the oil draining back into the sump? and if so is it part of the oil filter? If so I would be inclined to do an oil & filter change to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

{text-align: center;}
Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

Thats about right, got a 58 plate 1.6 tdci with about 29k on it, as long as the level on the stick is ok i wouldn't worry

CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Re: 1.6 TDCi Oil Pressure Light - How long to extinguish?

Post by CarlW »

Thanks for that - It still seems a long time compared with our Kuga 2.0 TDCI which has 38k miles on it and the oil light is out within about 1 second of pressing the keyless start button

Anyone else have thoughts on how long their oil light stays on?

Fiestar11
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2014 Fiesta ST
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Fiestar11 »

My 1.6 petrol is about 1.5/2 sec's. Only has 2000 miles on it and our other Fiesta 1.25 petrol is the same with 39000 miles. Both cars have just had a oil change & service and its not changed that delay.

May be down to the pressure setting of the oil pressure switch, or possibly where the switch is located on the fiestas..?.

CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by CarlW »

Thanks - your thoughts on the oil pressure switch setting would explain why it's the same hot or cold and even if the engine is stopped for only a few seconds when there hasn't been enough time for the oil to drain back to the sump

C

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

I would say that's about right, if your concerned a oil and filter change will not hurt at all.

Make sure you use a good quality filter and the right oil.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7