Advice ? buggered car.

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta titanium
Refferer: Google

Advice ? buggered car.

Post by mfez94 »

Hi guys ok. So i finished work at 20:00 today went to my car pull away from the car park and its making a sound almost like a can of coke going round the wheel arch or front right of the car. Out of the car park and pull in to the first side road to investigate. Wheel tyre arch etc fine. Pop the bonnet all is fine cant see anything wrong i go to start it and it sounds like grinding metal this time so i immediately kill the ignition. No way prepared to drive it like that do more damage. Out comes the number for ford assistance i rang them at 20:08 takes 18 mins to get through to someone. They didn't even have my car on the database ! So after confirming my identity and telling them my whereabouts im told i can expect someone to be with me anytime from then to 2130. Okay so about a 1 hour and a bit fair enough. I then receive a call at 20:58 telling me Mc allisters will be with me anytime from 2100 to 2300 !!!! Im explaining im stranded and dont think that 3 hours in total is very fair bite the bullet and hope its going to be sooner. I then receive another call at 21:11 telling them my eta is going to be 22:58 and they will ring me 10 mins prior to them coming to my rescue. Fortunately my father has come out and we've come home for a bit and going back nearer to 2300.

Car is brand new got it in march i feel really let down by ford not a happy bunny. Am i over reacting in anger of my car breaking on me or am i in my right to have a moan to ford ? Also need a courtesy car for work monday morning and its a bank holiday !!! Im sorry this is rather long to read just very very angry and frustrated right now. I mean they might be able to fix it roadside but me and father both think its something serious going back to my car in a min so we shall see.

Any ideas of what it could be ? Should i complain to ford ? Thanks guys Matt

{text-align: center;}
arathorn
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 MK7
Refferer: none

Re: Advice ? buggered car.

Post by arathorn »

Not good for a 5/6 month old car. Ford assistance doesnt sound like assistance to me when they take so long to get to you. I would complain to Ford and the dealership. Good luck and hope its something simple.

mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mfez94 »

Okay so in the end Mc allisters arrived and took my car back home (orders from ford) because of the bank holiday. Its being collected tuesday to go for repair and hopefully enterprise are picking me up tomorrow and taking me to there office to get a wait for it.. chevy spark. Today has been a day of phone call to phone call department to department i gave up with ford advance in the end and rang my dealer who was helpful and sorted it all for me ! Oh and its the pulleys that gave gone on the car anyone had that before is it a big job ? :)

mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mfez94 »

Okay so apparently there is major major engine damage and the engine has practically split in half at the bottom :cry:
I got it from dagenham motors salesman there very very helpful at the moment and is fighting my corner the chevy has to go back today to enterprise and dagenham is sorting me out with a demo fiesta till my other one is 'repaired'. Ian allen are repairing it. I pay just about 320 a month for this car after all the extras etc its my pride and joy i love it to bits but im losing sleep now worried that once is back im going to have problem after problem. I mean if the engine is cracked and damaged after just 5500 odd miles in 5/6 months whats going to happen once i get it back im worried it wont be the same ? What should I do ? Im just disgusted with ford assistance department to department. If it wasn't for my salesman at dagenham motors i'd be lost. I already wan't to write to watchdog what car autoexpress ford head office at the least. Its just SOO fustrating i work hard for my dollar and i love this car i just feel really let down ! RANT OVER. Just not sure what to do really ??

mattgibson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Zsoc

Advice ? buggered car.

Post by mattgibson »

holy cow! i wouldn't be happy with that! i'd be going back to the dealer!

mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mfez94 »

Doing my head in. So yesterday took the chevy cover car back to ian allen where my fez is being 'repaired' and they have given me a 1.6 pug 207 diesel bit of a upgrade to the spark. However ford technical team from essex are going to look at my car on wednesday to see if it will need a new lump fitted to it. I have the cover car to at least the 10th september so its no quick job such a headache ! Now Im attempting to get the money reimbursed for the insurance on the 207. Don't see why i should have to pay when its just 6 months old and completely buggered ! Feel like I wanna say take the car back and give me my full deposit on the car back as well. Not a happy bunny !!!!

mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mfez94 »

Still haven't got the car back its in a process of having a new engine fitted :(