Boot open error message

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Thomasw92
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford fiesta
Refferer: Google

Boot open error message

Post by Thomasw92 »

Hey guys/girls. First post here. I have a mk7 pfl and I keep getting the error message saying my boot is open when it's not. The car thinks it's opening and it's causing my car to light up inside and I keep getting a flat battery but it's definitely not opening. Is there any quick fix for this or do I have to take it to Ford? Thanks

{text-align: center;}
everson38
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford fiesta mk7
Refferer: Internet research

Re: Boot open error message

Post by everson38 »

It mostly the switch in the door trim behind the panel is stuck open causing the light to be one. To avoid battery drain the easiest think to do would be to have your interior just set to off. Will be annoying a bit in evening as when you open car doors it won't illuminate but not as bad coming out to a dead battery.
Thomasw92 wrote:Hey guys/girls. First post here. I have a mk7 pfl and I keep getting the error message saying my boot is open when it's not. The car thinks it's opening and it's causing my car to light up inside and I keep getting a flat battery but it's definitely not opening. Is there any quick fix for this or do I have to take it to Ford? Thanks
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thomasw92
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford fiesta
Refferer: Google

Re: Boot open error message

Post by Thomasw92 »

Do you think if I bought a new boot latch it would solve it? And how do I set my interior lights just to off?