Hole in exhuast silencer

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
mikey_t8
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Zetec 1.4
Refferer: Search Engine

Hole in exhuast silencer

Post by mikey_t8 »

Got the exhuast checked out the other day by my local Kwik Fit for my Zetec, 1.4 petrol..

Guy found a small hole at the back of the silencer. He weren't sure if it was okay or not as it was "in an unusual spot" so he asked another guy, who said that because it was a one piece exhuast, it was normal and didn't need changing :S

Anyone experienced same problems?

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Hole in exhuast silencer

Post by jam_rs »

I would jack the car up and take a picture, post it on here and we'l tell you what we think.

Most cars when they come out of the factory will have a one piece exhaust, its only when you replace them with aftermarket parts that they get split into sections.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

Blueoval09
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Blueoval09 »

If it's on the back at the bottom it could be a water drainage hole, quite a bit of condensation builds up on short runs so it would make sense to put a drain in rather than let it collect & rot the box from the inside

mikey_t8
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by mikey_t8 »

I think it is the small spot at the bottom... not 100% sure because I never had a look at it when it got checked..

it's not making a loud sound but when the car revs to about 3500 revs, you can hear it..
Attachments
silencer
silencer
DSC03893.JPG (78.93 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta

Post by shabazmo »

Looks like a faulty/failled exhaust. You can see the blackish soot, so that will soon be an MOT failure. How old is the car and mileage. I will check my car at the weekend
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

mikey_t8
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by mikey_t8 »

3 yrs and done abt 42k miles... going in for its first MOT at the end of the month so will see how that turns out..