Oil light query

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Oil light query

Post by Doc943 »

The oil light came on this morning on my drive to work so I pulled over and checked the level. It was fine. Faulty sensor?

Not sure if its relevant but last week my seatbelt light went on even though i was wearing it! Another faulty sensor or are these related somehow thru software?

{text-align: center;}
Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Oil light query

Post by Doc943 »

My bad. It has a spanner next to it reminding me of a oil change ar next service.

Does anyone know what sequence of button pressing i can reset the reminder so the oil light is free to warn me of a real problem?

Cliffhanger
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.4Tdci
Refferer: Google

Re: Oil light query

Post by Cliffhanger »

This happened to us just after we had the car serviced. Took it back to Ford and watched the guy do the reset.

Feet on brake and accelerator, both hard down. Ignition on, wait until light goes out.

patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Oil light query

Post by patterson »

Cliffhanger wrote:This happened to us just after we had the car serviced. Took it back to Ford and watched the guy do the reset.

Feet on brake and accelerator, both hard down. Ignition on, wait until light goes out.
Think that's a general reset see a AA guy so it in my old golf to reset a warning light
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701