Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
GSE
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: MK7 1.25 Zetec
Refferer: Search Engine

Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Post by GSE »

Hi,

Just saying hello here, as I've recently bought a MK7 1.25 Fiesta Zetec 2 door, replacing a MK3 Mondeo ST TDCI that I ran for 10 years / 150k miles.

What a great little car and I'm very pleased with it, its only done 34,000 miles and seems to be in very good condition. I used to do a lot of miles up and down the motorway in the Mondeo, but I no longer needed a big diesel car as my commute to work now is only 8 miles each way. I also use a mountain bike to commute to work fairly regularly so down sizing was the sensible option.

I have a couple of questions:

May be I just need to get used to it, but the brake pedal seems way more sensitive compared to the Mondeo, leading me to occasionally do a rather 'sharper' stop than planned. Is this normal for the Fiesta, or do the brakes need adjusting? (It has drums at the rear)

Also is a Bluefin remap available for the 1.25 60kw engine?

Thanks in advance!

Paul.