Fiesta 1.4 tdci 2008 strange noise when reversing under load

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
tholden
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta 1.4 tdci
Refferer: search

Fiesta 1.4 tdci 2008 strange noise when reversing under load

Post by tholden »

Hi

I have a strange noise coming from under the pedals. Sounds almost like a whine or houwling. The sound is not the normal gearbox whine which has always been there. It has a lower pitch and higher volume.

The sound appears when the car is reversing under load. For example, up an hill. The sound starts to appear when the clutch is in the middle of fully depressed and released. Strangily, the volume of the sound is reduced, and sometimes, completely vanishes when more gas is applied on the pedal.

The clutch is not slipping i think. Atleast, the engine stalls almost right away when releasing the clutch in second and the third gear.

Any ideas what this could be?