Stereo issues please help!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
marcle83
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: google

Stereo issues please help!

Post by marcle83 »

Hi all,

Have a bit of a strange stereo issue it started months ago where sometimes the controls on the steering wheel wouldn't work and sometimes the controls on the radio panel itself wouldn't work and on rare occasions neither would work.

In an attempt to try and sort the issue I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes in the hope that this might reset the radio and the issue! Unfortunately it has made things worse. The radio will not turn on at all now..... I tried replacing the stereo unit itself but this hasn't sorted the issue. The multi function display on the top just displays time and date (Like when the radio is turned off).

In addition to the above I have noticed the radio panel doesn't light up and cant remember whether this is normal or not??

All fuses have been checked and are fine........

Car is a MK7 Eco-netic 1.6

Thanks

Matt