trying to fit front fog lights need help

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
dondon1

trying to fit front fog lights need help

Post by dondon1 »

HI ALL
hi there i have a ford fiesta 1.6 tdci econetic witch hasnt got front fog lights fitted as standard. all the wires and plugs are there on the car with blanks on them so ive fitted some ford foglights and pluged them in and they dont work i have bought the headlight switch with the front and rear fogs on it and i still cant get the front ones to come onand the bulbs work ive tested them hope some one on here can help me or if any one else has had this problem,

kind regards don

{text-align: center;}
shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: trying to fit front fog lights need help

Post by shabazmo »

Have you fitted the fog light relay
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

dondon1

Post by dondon1 »

hi shabazmo
the relay was in there and all the wireing is there but the plugs on the front had white caps in them like blank plugs ?

bring back mk1
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: lots
Refferer: google

Post by bring back mk1 »

I too have a 2009 econectic, bought the zetec bumper and fog lights plugged in - didnt work
You need to plug the vcm ford diagnostic box in and tick a box, ford tech did it for me. the standard light switch has the fog function, - tight wads at fords dont put the symbol on it !! fuses and relays are in as standard
progress - bring back carbs

dovski
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6 tdci econetic

Post by dovski »

Hy,
I have the same car and am trying to get the front fogs going with forscan, seems enabled but no relay clicks and no volts at the plugs..Is the standard light switch sure for functioning even when its not got the logo on? I just ordered a replacement switch unit :-/

dovski
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6 tdci econetic

Post by dovski »

Found degrading to earlier version of forscan worked with my elm adapter which I've used in previous years for PAT programming etc. Seems the newer versions arent the best for older adapters..anyway its working now. Removing the fog lamp relay 10 from the engine fuse box, connecting forescan and programming if successful, will be evident as the BCM will report a DTC of fogs being open circuit. You know they'll work then. The standard light switch works despite not having the fog logo on it. cheers!