12v no power

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta titanium
Refferer: Google

12v no power

Post by mfez94 »

Hi guys went to plug my sat nav in the other day and it wouldn't charge of the front 12v socket. Got home later on and tried it with another charger and device so i know its the car. Checked the fuse last night and its fine. Does anyone have a guide for removing the trim around the 12v socket in the fiesta ? Any other idea's as to whats gone wrong ?

Cheers in advance, Matt

{text-align: center;}
marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Re: 12v no power

Post by marshboy »

Remove the gearstick trim then u can access the lighter or remove the side trim by the passengers feet that's just a plastic screw and a pull lol
Blew mine when I wired the sub in cus I pulled the wrong fuse lol
Just doudle check them it's a 20amp fuse if I remember right near the top of the fuse board behind the glove box
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

mfez94
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta titanium

Post by mfez94 »

Cheers for your response. Okay fuse tested again still fine. Had the center bit of trim up and out the socket itself is passing current fine. However no output coming from the wire 12v wire itself. Rang ford and its booked in for thursday fingers crossed nothing major

Erpman
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta mk7

Post by Erpman »

Hello mate.
Did you get this sorted, as I've got the exact same problem with mine. Which is a bit of a worry when the only way to get mobile after a puncture kinda relies on this socket.
Cheers
BLUE ones are more SEXY

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/to ... use/page-2

Have a look at the photo in that link, apparently the fuse is different to what is shown in the manual.