Clutch squealing

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Steffilove

Clutch squealing

Post by Steffilove »

Hello,

My name is Steph and I am a newbie, I have always wanted a fiesta so finally got one last year :) but now have a problem :(

Unfortunately, a few days after owning the car the clutch started squealing/whistling, it is quite load until you put the clutch in and it stops but as soon as you release it, it starts again. Also it was fine until the garage took it to touch up my paintwork that they forgot to do. After a week I took it back for them to check it over, as my Brother is a mechanic and said it was the release/thrust bearing. They agreed that it was this but is a normal noise that comes from the 1.2/1.4 cars?? But other mechanics have said it should be making noises like at when its a 59 plate with only 8,000 miles!

I have put up with it for a couple of months now but as the warranty runs out soon I am worried its going to get worse after and have a big bill.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or is this normal? Any suggestions of what I can do?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you!

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Clutch squealing

Post by patterson »

Hi a squealing noise is not normal and you should defiantly get the clutch replaced. If you have warranty get them do it.
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Steffilove

Re: Clutch squealing

Post by Steffilove »

Thank you :)

patterson
Drives: Fiesta ZS

Clutch squealing

Post by patterson »

This might help to.

Quoted from another website

If a squealing or chirping noise appears or goes away when the clutch pedal is depressed, the cause may be a bad release bearing. Other causes include a bad pilot bushing, a worn or defective input shaft bearing in the transmission, a worn, bent or improperly lubricated release fork, a worn input shaft, improper disc installation, misalignment, damaged bearing retainer, loose flywheel bolts, damaged disc splines, or worn stop pins or broken damper.

A squealing sound that occurs when the clutch pedal is depressed and held is usually caused by a bad pilot bearing or bushing.

A chirping noise that intensifies when the pedal is slowly depressed would indicate a bad release bearing.

If you hear chirping while idling in neutral and the noise goes away when the pedal is slowly depressed, the fork/pivot ball contact point is making the noise.
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

bdh36
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 TDCI Zetec

Re: Clutch squealing

Post by bdh36 »

My 2011 1.4 diesel Fiesta developed a thrust bearing squeal 3 months before the warranty expired. My local Ford dealer tried to persuade Fords to replace it but their engineer said the clutch was not defective. He said that as the clutch worked OK they would not replace it - it was just a noise! 18 months later, the clutch is still making a noise, still working, but I am far from impressed by Ford's decision while it was under warranty.