Mk7 foot rest

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Mk7 foot rest

Post by Jamesk07 »

Hi all,

I've been looking at the sports pedals for my Fiesta for a while now, but wanted a foot rest to match. I know some of you struck lucky on eBay with Mondeo or Kuga foot rests on eBay. Unfortunately, they are all quite pricey, but in searching eBay I came across someone making them. At £14.99 I thought I'd give it a go... Here it is below:

Let me say now, I don't make these, know the person who makes them or have anything to gain from showing this. I'm just really impressed with the quality. Made of brushed aluminium with rubber underneath, sticks to the carpet with double sided tape (I'm going to use Velcro). Search "fiesta mk7 foot rest" if you want to see them on eBay.

Hope this is useful to someone.

James
Last edited by Jamesk07 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

{text-align: center;}
DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Re: Mk7 foot rest

Post by DGZS »

Had it on my watch for a while now but still can't decide on whether to get one or not!

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Just fitted mine but too dark to and wet to take a pic now, will do over the weekend. I've also ordered the pedals which should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Can't wait for this crap weather to go away so that I can get my new mats in and the rubber ones out and away for the summer!

I should add that it looks great in the car and fitted well, I'm sure it will look spot on with the pedals. £14.99 well spent methinks...

Gandy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: FW ZS

Post by Gandy »

I've got one in mine, definately improves the foot well :)

HOVIS
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: forum

Post by HOVIS »

The only downside is it doesn't have the rubber bits sticking through the holes toatch the pedals
Otherwise it would be perfect!!

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Agreed that having the rubber grips protrude would really make it absolutely perfect. That said, I'm really happy with it as is, and for £14.99 delivered I can't complain. I'm hoping my new pedals arrive today so I can get them on. I've just fitted the red SMD 12 LED lights in my footwell which project in all directions, they should look pretty cool when lit up...

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Jamesk07 »

Quick update... Pedals arrived yesterday and they're fitted:

Excuse the filthy rubber mat... As soon as this weather improves ill put my new carpet mats in.

James