Locking wheel nut help

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
~sparky~
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 fiesta zetec S
Refferer: google

Locking wheel nut help

Post by ~sparky~ »

Today my car went into my local ford dealer and to cut a long story short they snapped my locking wheel nut key and the nut so basically i fell out with them as they refused to replace what they broke and left the garage with my car so im after a new set of locking wheel nuts with the key obviously. Can anyone please advise me on a set to get and where from please as i dont want to be ordering a wrong set. A link would be ideal to a good quality/ reasonably priced set if possible.

Thanks in advance

{text-align: center;}
patterson
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: Search Engine

Locking wheel nut help

Post by patterson »

Mountune have locking wheel nuts for the fiesta or look at rimstyle
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

Blueoval09
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S

Re: Locking wheel nut help

Post by Blueoval09 »

I got a set of tp race (i think) black ones off ebay for around £20, really lightweight but don't affect the balance & you'd have to hit the key with a hammer to break it!

~sparky~
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 fiesta zetec S
Refferer: google

Post by ~sparky~ »

well i got them removed by a local welding company that do this on a regular basis and with no damage to my alloy, contacted my insurance company and they require locking wheel nuts to be fitted or i would not be covered if i had no locking wheel nuts and the wheels were stolen

patterson
Drives: Fiesta ZS

Post by patterson »

~sparky~ wrote:well i got them removed by a local welding company that do this on a regular basis and with no damage to my alloy, contacted my insurance company and they require locking wheel nuts to be fitted or i would not be covered if i had no locking wheel nuts and the wheels were stolen
Sparky file a claim to ford as its their fault they broke it send it in writing to head office of the ford dealer and make it seem as angry as possible and demand money back and explain what happend
Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 2011
Check Out My Build Thread! http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=701

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta

Post by shabazmo »

I git rid of my locking wheel nuts a few months ago for the very reason you experienced. I now dont have to worry about loosing the key. If someone steals them then good luck but when was the last time you heard someone loosing their wheels.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.