Remap

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Remap

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

Bigger injectors, a less restrictive air filter and exhaust system, possibly a turbo off a focus or a hybrid turbo, egr blank, bigger intercooler then a map. Should see some much bigger gains, and supposedly much better mpg too.

{text-align: center;}
samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium

Post by samjprobinson »

Hi I got my 1.6TDCi 95PS DPF Fiesta remapped using a company over here in Guernsey. They got, quite easily, 124PS and 221lb/ft of torque which is an increase of 29PS and 61lb/ft over standard. I have also since getting the car remapped added a K&N performance panel filter which I think has increased slightly the power at a slightly lower RPM. The remap has completely changed the way the car drives, makes it a lot more relaxed when accelerating (ie not so much high revv'ing) and keeps speed much better. I have also seen a small decrease in fuel consumption, going from 68.4MPG to 70.1MPG over the last 6,000 miles. The place that did the remap said the engine is basically the same as the 1.6TDCi they put in the Focus and the Mondeo, just jigged differently along with the size of the turbo, but in principle identical to the 115PS Focus engine. For the money I paid for my remap I think its great; surprises a lot of people now when I pull away from the line or just the way the car accelerates from 30MPH in 4th gear!

SWtechnologies
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI

Post by SWtechnologies »

i was thinking of trying one of these out on my 1.6 tdci zetec!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320969298119? ... 1423.l2649

any ideas?
SW technologies

Fiesta ZetecS 1.6 TDCI

Heathy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 TDCi Zetec S
Refferer: internet

Post by Heathy »

That remap sounds good. Shame it's so far from me! The only reason I have mentioned the mountune one is because they are well known etc. don't want to go somewhere and have them mess anything up!

samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by samjprobinson »

Yeah I thought going down the Mountune route, but they only do the 90PS non DPF version of the 1.6TDCi, they won't touch the 95PS version which was a shame! Still pretty impressed with what we got out of her over here. However, I used Celtic Tuning for my old Vauxhall Vectra CDTI and they were very good and very helpful. I believe they are based all around the UK and come to you do to the map. Can't remember how much it cost as it was back in 2007 when I got it done but was very happy with the service I received!
Website if my memory serves me right is something like celtictuning.co.uk but could be wrong! They may not even exist any more!

Heathy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Heathy »

I have heard them mentioned on another forum I think. Will have to look into it. There's no rush so would rather go with a tried and tested company.

samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by samjprobinson »

Well they do exist still and have found the info for the 1.6 TDCI. They can get 120PS and 195lb/ft torque from it which seems reasonable!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ba892f516e

Razbo47
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mountune MRD270 Zetec-S

Post by Razbo47 »

Is it the 90bhp or the 95bhp version you have?

If it is the 90bhp, honestly, get yourself down to Mountune, absolutely transforms the car. Yes, you only gain 10bhp, but in a diesel it's all about the torque.

Trust me, i've had mine on for a week, and i've not stopped smiling since. And with Mountune, you get the reputation, and the panel filter and badge! I've heard about people getting some bad remaps in these engines from other places, ECU lights coming on, coming into limp mode. None of these worries with Mountune. Best £295.00 i've spent on a car

Heathy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Heathy »

I got the 90 version. Very tempted by the mountune remap. Sounds good. Gotta love a free badge to! Have you noticed any change in economy?

Razbo47
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mountune MRD270 Zetec-S

Post by Razbo47 »

I have, for the worse. But only because the torque is so addictive!

On the way to Mountune (180 miles away from me), i averaged 55.5mpg.

On the way back (with added traffic, and a bit of showing off), i got 57.3mpg.

(This was pretty much all M1/M25 motorway driving)

The increase in mpg belief basically comes from the car using lower revs from before at the same speed (2500rpm @ 65mph per my speedo is now down to 2300rpm at the same speed). If you do a lot of steady motorway driving, or very little stop-start stuff, you will easily see an increase. However, i do a lot of town and stop start stuff, and because the engine 'appears' to rev a lot easier, i find it so easy to rev to 3500/4000 rpm without noticing (not good for fuel economy).

But overall, it has transformed the car, overtaking is no longer scary and can be completed with so much ease. And if you're not looking for too much of a gain, this is ideal (and including the filter, the remap is made to work with the filter to gain the optimum in performance available)

I can't praise the Mountune guys and the MRD270 enough. Just be carseful if you go, you will be so so tempted to purchase a lot more!