Upper front grill

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Greig
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Van
Refferer: Search Engine

Upper front grill

Post by Greig »

Right, how in the name of the wee man do you get the upper front grill (the one with the badge on it) off without wrecking it? I've tried very patiently to take it off but the chuffin' thing will not budge and I think I'm in danger of breaking clips etc.

Anyone? Help!!

{text-align: center;}
samjprobinson
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6TDCI Titanium

Re: Upper front grill

Post by samjprobinson »

I would like to know how to do the same without loosing my temper and breaking the entire part!

Seans_Fes_Mk7
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Mk7 Style +

Post by Seans_Fes_Mk7 »

The 4 clips situated at either end of the grill and 2 close to the centre, near the badge?

marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Post by marshboy »

Take the headlights out and the black plastic clips in the top the bumper each behind the grill and there's 2 clips that hold the bottom in and on and u can't remove the grill without it
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

scousa
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Post by scousa »

theres the clips along the top and then from what i remember two at the bottom either side of the ford badge,

I just unclipped the top ones and then wedged my hand in behind the two bottoms ones to manipulate it out. Probably not the best method or explanation but it worked for me