1st Service on MK7 Fiesta 1.25 2012

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
arathorn
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 MK7
Refferer: none

Post by arathorn »

Hello All, contacted Polar Ford today to book my car in for its 1st service. I have had it for just short of a year and have done 3,300 miles, yes 3,300 miles is not a typo.
They have quoted me £185.00 for the service, yet if I had a 3 year or older car they could do the same job for £99.00. Any advice on getting it serviced by a Ford dealership without paying the higher price. Both services are for Oil, Oil filter and Air Filter + a free 30 point check. According to Ford Etis, Ford do not replace the spark plugs until the 3rd service. Now I know my Fiesta is very low mileage but would anyone recommend getting the spark plugs changed at the same time. Thanks in advance. Mark.

{text-align: center;}
arathorn
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Re: 1st Service on MK7 Fiesta 1.25 2012

Post by arathorn »

61 views on a Ford Fiesta Forum and not one of the viewers has an opinion regarding Rip Off Ford, you all need your cars servicing and you all need to maintain the warranty. Even if you posted an emoticon, that would make me feel welcomed and valued. Mark.

Comeal
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: ZSOC

Post by Comeal »

Hi mate no idea how to get it cheaper, just look out for deals they do occasionally, also in regards to spark plugs you can buy a set for like £40. For once a year it's a small price to pay for piece of mind! I would do it, just ask around other ford dealers and say you've been quoted £100 even if you haven't see if they'll match or beat it.
Hope this helps :)

DGZS
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta ZS
Refferer: google suggestion

Post by DGZS »

To be honest I wouldn't bother going to Fords for a service, most garages will be cheaper & aslong as they stamp your service book you've got a full service history. Having a full Ford service history won't add any value to the car when you want to sell it so its not worth paying the extra to get it serviced. As for spark plugs you don't need to do them every year but as has been said you can buy them cheap enough & it's only a 5min job if you want to do it yearly.

Tony73
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: internet

Post by Tony73 »

Not using a Ford stealer to do your servicing will not invalidate your warranty. As long as the garage you use is a recognised service centre then your warranty has to be upheld. As stated before, if you pay Ford to do it, their prices mean there is no gain to be had, unless you sold the car within the first year. If you keep it 3 to 5 years, as is the norm, then those extra costs mean you will have paid out more than you can ever hope to get back.

arathorn
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by arathorn »

Hi, managed to get the dealer to do the 1st Service for £129.00 including another years Ford recovery. Don't think that's bad. :-)

Billy_boy11
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 2009 1.25 fiesta
Refferer: google

Post by Billy_boy11 »

hi,

you will find that at that age they change the plugs as well that's why its expensive

CarlW
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Titanium TDCi
Refferer: Google

Post by CarlW »

Mine is a 1.6 diesel. 1st service back in Feb by local Ford dealer was £143, due next service very soon but no price yet. Also had 4th service on my diesel Kuga for £175 about3 weeks ago. So £185 seems a bit steep to me!

Carl

Robbie73
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TDCI
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Robbie73 »

Ford always seem to charge different people different prices for servicing the cars,

My local Ford Garage in Grays, Essex has for the last three years quoted me £40 to £50 more than my colleague who bought the exactly the same make and model car in the same year. They have never been able to give me a good reason for the difference, but always matched the price, I must be fair last year they attempted an excuse and said it could be something to do with the ford privilege scheme.

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Robbie73 wrote:Ford always seem to charge different people different prices for servicing the cars,

My local Ford Garage in Grays, Essex has for the last three years quoted me £40 to £50 more than my colleague who bought the exactly the same make and model car in the same year. They have never been able to give me a good reason for the difference, but always matched the price, I must be fair last year they attempted an excuse and said it could be something to do with the ford privilege scheme.
LOL :lol: Bizzare - but well done for holding them to your mates price :clap:
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31