1st post just a quick query

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Forbs
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7
Refferer: Search Engine

1st post just a quick query

Post by Forbs »

Hi everyone

I have just bought a 10 plate fiesta mk7 zetec 1.4 tdci

I love the car and im currently looking at installing a bluetooth parrot for my phone as my model did not come with a usb or bluetooth connectivity.

What I cant seem to work out is wether the parrot will play my tracks via bluetooth from my iphone 4, this is the main reason i want one, and would the i phone connector to the parrot charge my phone too?

The parrot I'm after is the one with the little colour screen and cover flow.

If anyone could shed some light on this matter i would be very grateful

Many thanks, forbs

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: 1st post just a quick query

Post by Nath »

If it's the MKi9200 it should.

Forbs
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Forbs »

Have you got one mate? If so where have you put it? I was also thinking about the Chinese tv/dvd screen seem too good to be true? Wonder what the bluetooth is like ?

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

I now drive a Skoda Octavia (company car) but yes I do have it and great phone call quality over Bluetooth. Never played music using BT though I'm afraid.

Jamesk07
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6TD
Refferer: Google

Post by Jamesk07 »

Hey,

I had the Parrot Mki9200 installed in both my Golf and Polo which came without handsfree and audio streaming. It is a fantastic kit, sound quality of calls is first class. It also streams your music from your iPhone 4 perfectly and, as I recall, with the last update showed album covers and allowed full track change, play and pause functions.

Make sure whoever fits it takes the power from a source which works with the ignition to ensure it turns on and shuts down correctly. First person who fitted mine made a real meal of it.

Microphone is best in the centre by rear view mirror or, and this is easier, feed the wire up the door pillar by your drivers side window. I did this and never had any noise interference, then again I rarely drive with windows open as have air con.
I put the Parrot Screen somewhere I offensive on the centre of the dash where it's clearly visible. Can't help with Fiesta placement as never tried.

Hope this helps,

James

Forbs
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Forbs »

Cheers mate it sounds like a contender!!

Any views on the dvd/sat nav unit found on ebay?