My First Mk7

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
michaellrogers
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Mk7 1.4
Refferer: Search Engine

My First Mk7

Post by michaellrogers »

Hi guys, I'm very new to this and just have a few questions before I pick up my first Mk7 on Sunday 7th!

I've purchased a 2009 (09 plate) 1.4 Petrol Zetec Mk7 in Panther Black with the Bluetooth and Voice Control...

I'd like to know does this model include the interior ambient lights (in the foot holes and what not)? I want to add some LEDs!

Does it have a light in the glove box? (If not, how easy is one to fit myself)?

I only have an Aux in, I've seen Mk7s with iPod/iPhone connectivity - is this something that can be done as well?

I'd also like to somehow integrate a sat nav maybe using the secret compartment if anyone has some ideas??

I know its a lot of stuff when I haven't even picked the car up yet (and maybe some stuff that I should have looked at when buying the car) but this will be my first car that I'm gonna try and work on myself so wanna start getting some parts this week to start work right away!

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: My First Mk7

Post by jam_rs »

In regards too audio questions, PM autosoundblackpool (also a link too him on bottom of homepage)

He is very knowledgable and will help with any issues like this!
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: My First Mk7

Post by Nath »

Zetec's should have ambient lighting
USB can be retrofitted to the original head unit (as per factory fit) but will cost £100-200 and need activating by someone with a Ford VCM + IDS system (it's what the dealers use)