2009 fiesta wont start

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta
Refferer: Search Engine

2009 fiesta wont start

Post by shabazmo »

First thing this morning, the fiesta wont start. Not a sound. In fact the ignition does not seem to even switch on. (I have the start button model). The battery was only reading 12v , so i charged it all day and still nothing. Tried jump starting it and no diffenence. The side lights do come on, but that is about it. No radio either.

Any ideas?
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

{text-align: center;}
marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Re: 2009 fiesta wont start

Post by marshboy »

Need to read the battery amps to not just volts
It's the amps that start the car they get drawn as you turn the key!

My bros was the same the other week and I changed the battery fix it a cell had dropped!
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by shabazmo »

I tried jump starting it with my V6 diesel Audi battery but nothing happened.
I had the breakdown people out today, and they could not find the problem. Since the ignition does not even turn on, the steering wheel is locked, and so he could not get it out of the driveway and tow it to a garage. Waiting for a flat loader tomorrow.

This surely can't be the first problem of this kind.
Ford Fiesta 2009. 1.4 petrol, 5 door, Titanium, Black, F&R park sensors, leather seats, Key free system, power starter button, bluetooth, USB, 7 spoke 16" alloys, rear electric windows, curtain airbags. Built 20 March Delivery 19 April 09. 55,000miles bought new.

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by shabazmo »

The car has been at Fords since Monday and they think its the steering lock ecu. This only applies to cars with keyless entry. Having said that, they can't be sure and have asked Ford HQ who are aware of the problem but dont have a fix for it. Lets see what happens.

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by shabazmo »

So here is Fords answer. We think it could be the KVM keyless vehicle module at £183 or the electronic steering lock at £267, plus probably a days labour for diagnostics, Ford cant be sure its these two parts. Try those first and if not we will look at it again. My dealer has tried everything they can, so we are guessing the steering lock and will replace this first. This could cost a lot more money and Ford are unwilling to help pay for this. Will I buy Ford again? No.

shabazmo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by shabazmo »

I now have a satisfactory conclusion. Having escalated my argument with various people within Ford, I stated that I would not authorise repairs until the dealer could diagnose the problem or Ford assisted them with costs should the wrong part be fitted and further diagnostics required. My dealer did however order a part and fixed the problem. It was the electronic steering lock at £267 plus labour. Total £444. This I saw as a very reasonable cost for the problem and happy to pay for it. However Ford, very late in the day, offerred me a free service which I did not ask for nor did I think I needed or deservrd it, given the reasonable cost of the repair. So I told them that, and thanked them very much for their generosity, which I will probably donate to a charity or something.

Now if Ford had suggested to me from the outset that they would cover any false repairs and labour, I would all think, what a fanatastic brand and I want always to be part of it. In any event, I take back what I said, and will consider Ford again.