Dash rattle

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
big ben
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: MK7 ZS TDCI

Dash rattle

Post by big ben »

Anyone else got rattle comming from dashboard area? It's realy anoying I can find were it's coming from :(

{text-align: center;}
stephenrhys1955
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk7 econetic

Re: Dash rattle

Post by stephenrhys1955 »

Yeh, I've got a rattle behind the glove box and I can't seem to sort it. I'm beginning to think it's the linkage on the side of the heater, it's driving me nuts!

big ben
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by big ben »

Ford keep saying no fault found :(

8woodj
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Econetic

Post by 8woodj »

My cars goes in for a service this Thursday and I have asked them to investigate a rattle in exactly the same area. I'll update this post with any news.

Other issues

1. squeaky/dry bearing sound from gear stick when going down the gears
2. metallic squeaky sound from front wheel area at low speed audible from inside and outside the car
3. radiator cooling fan coming on even in freezing weather after only short trips and then staying on 5 or so minutes after engine switched off

big ben
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by big ben »

8woodj wrote:3. radiator cooling fan coming on even in freezing weather after only short trips and then staying on 5 or so minutes after engine switched off
mine does it and its normal so ive been told just ask them to check its got the modified fan relay as if not fans could stay on an kill battery
Ben

8woodj
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Econetic

Post by 8woodj »

8woodj wrote:My cars goes in for a service this Thursday and I have asked them to investigate a rattle in exactly the same area. I'll update this post with any news.

Other issues

2. metallic squeaky sound from front wheel area at low speed audible from inside and outside the car
3. radiator cooling fan coming on even in freezing weather after only short trips and then staying on 5 or so minutes after engine switched off
Here's the update.

1.Rattle in glove box area - no fault found (although it rattled like a good'un on my journey into work this morning)
2. squeaky/dry bearing sound from gear stick - lubricated the clutch pedal? When i told them it was the gear stick "yeah that's what i meant" was the reply (result still makes squeaky/dry bearing sound)
3. Squeaky sound from from front wheels - brake dust cleaned and now ok
4. Radiator cooling fan - no fault found and wont replace anything until diagnostics show something

Phone call to service desk again.

benlw
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by benlw »

8woodj wrote:
8woodj wrote:My cars goes in for a service this Thursday and I have asked them to investigate a rattle in exactly the same area. I'll update this post with any news.

Other issues

Here's the update.

1.Rattle in glove box area - no fault found (although it rattled like a good'un on my journey into work this morning)
2. squeaky/dry bearing sound from gear stick - lubricated the clutch pedal? When i told them it was the gear stick "yeah that's what i meant" was the reply (result still makes squeaky/dry bearing sound)
3. Squeaky sound from from front wheels - brake dust cleaned and now ok
4. Radiator cooling fan - no fault found and wont replace anything until diagnostics show something

Phone call to service desk again.

I had a similar rattle which came from that area and have now got it sorted. The rattle is actually coming from the A pillar and when my mk7 went in for audio updates they investigated this and found that an electrical connection had come lose and was "rattling" around inside only downside was this cost £30

Doc943
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Dash rattle

Post by Doc943 »

They rattle - end of. :-(

Reecep86
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Frozen White 1.25
Refferer: Reece

Post by Reecep86 »

I've got a rattle from my dash and I have found it to be the speedo, rev counter surround. Once i push on it the rattle stops, but then comes back.

Hopefully this will help

kris
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Refferer: Google

Post by kris »

Reecep86 wrote:I've got a rattle from my dash and I have found it to be the speedo, rev counter surround. Once i push on it the rattle stops, but then comes back.

Hopefully this will help
I've got the very same rattle coming from the chrome speedo surrounding, I need to take the car to the dealer to have a bulb in the dashboard replaced and I'll ask them to sort it our, hopefully they will