Miltek exhaust, J1 Induction kit , KWs and Powerflex bushes

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
kabz77
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Miltek exhaust, J1 Induction kit , KWs and Powerflex bushes

Post by kabz77 »

Good evening Ladies & Gents
I'm a new member to this site, I thought I'd share some of my experiences with a few modifications I've done to my fez.

1. I went to Puma Speed and upgraded my exhaust system to the Miltek kit, I had the manifold, sport cat as well as the dual exhaust fitted. At the same time I had the J1 induction kit fitted as well. All I will say is these two upgrades has made my car drive a lot more better, the car doesn't feel like its being suffocated. The noise from the miltek dual exhaust is niceeeee! Its not loud like the Piper kits. Puma Speed are doing a good deal on the Miltek kit and the J1 induction kit if purchased together, give Tony a call on 01924 360260. Please note the sensor lead that goes into the sportcat (cant remember the exact name) needs to be made longer so a quick soldering job is needed, if its done properly this shouldn't be a problem to the running of the car.

2. I've fitted the KW Inox Variant 1 kit, I've dropped the car by 30mm, I have to say being a user of Koni's, H&R and now KWs, this kit is wicked! The ride is a little harder than standard but its not that bad where you feel every bump on the road, the kit is a little expensive and if you're on a budget then the AP kit might be the solution (please note AP is owned by KW but the AP kit is KWs budget range). I got my kit fitted by K1 Tyres in Upton Park east London. Dont forget if you get your suspension changed you need to get your wheels alligned otherwise your gonna have a steering wheel thats not straight on the road.

3. Finally I'm upgrading my bushes, I've already changed the rear beam mount bush, I've got the front wishbone front bush but I'm just waiting for the front wishbone rear and the anti roll bar bushes, these should be available by the end of Feb.

4. Plans for the next 2/3 months is to upgrade my front calipers to the Hi Spec 4 pot calipers with 280mm discs, upgrade the audio inc double din head unit and if God wills I'll be doing a leather re-trim inc Sparco recliners.
Attachments
Its my neighbours disabled bay - dont worry he gave me permission to park it there
Its my neighbours disabled bay - dont worry he gave me permission to park it there
IMG00162-20110117-1228.jpg (80.41 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Kabir
The Fez is slowly evolving