Voice Control, USB, AUX, Bluetooth Problems!!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
getaylor2012
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta Titanium Mk7

Re: Voice Control, USB, AUX, Bluetooth Problems!!

Post by getaylor2012 »

Hurst_13 wrote:Right,
What the Mastertec done was order me a new, updated, Communications Module.
I had wrote down all the things I had tried and he just went ahead and ordered it. I erge anyone whoever has that problem just to go to Ford. Luckily mine was still under Warranty.

Because of the update I have this new setup that allowed me to play songs from my HTC, Wirelessly via Bluetooth, only found this out the other day :D
Haven't tried it with an iPhone yet, but it will be a useful little gadget! Should of done it all standard anyways!

Hope this help, because it can put you in a low way when your car is playing up!

Has this worked with an iPhone? It's been a few months, so wondered if you had tried it...

{text-align: center;}
Hurst_13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S MK 7

Post by Hurst_13 »

TO CONFIRM.
It works with the iPhone!
You can skip song wirelessly with the Steering Wheel controls too!!
:D
Very Impressed.
Hurst_13

alexusher93
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta mk7 zebec
Refferer: person

Post by alexusher93 »

Hi,

Any idea of how much it will cost to repair because its happened on my fiesta and mines out of warranty :(
Basically the bluetooth and voice control doesn't work and neither does the AUX :(

cheers

Alex

Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

alexusher93 wrote:Hi,

Any idea of how much it will cost to repair because its happened on my fiesta and mines out of warranty :(
Basically the bluetooth and voice control doesn't work and neither does the AUX :(

cheers

Alex
Get a 2nd hand module from eBay for around £75 and swap it yourself (if you're sure that's the part that has failed) - Ford will be £300-£450 + labour.

Sentien13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta ECO
Refferer: Google

Post by Sentien13 »

Nath wrote:

cheers

Alex
Get a 2nd hand module from eBay for around £75 and swap it yourself (if you're sure that's the part that has failed) - Ford will be £300-£450 + labour.

Nath, if you see one for that price please let me know!

Nath
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Post by Nath »

Sentien13 wrote:
Nath wrote:

cheers

Alex

Nath, if you see one for that price please let me know!
Do you need just Bluetooth or USB as well?

fran0709
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: fiesta mk7 1.25
Refferer: internet

Post by fran0709 »

I had a bad problem with my mk7 few weeks back, not quite the same as the above but a problem none the less,
Was driving home on the motorway no prob doing about 120/130 kmh radio on music playing and stuff,..i pulled
The headlight stalk and the car just had a fit !! ABS came on, radio died , speedometer and revmeter died ..engine went into limp mode !! :/ the car slowed down to about 60k them everything just came back on without a problem!! :/...I rang my dealer and brought the car straight up!! The end result was "softwAre update and water pump change" ? Was told that if it happened again to go back to him...hasn't happened since , but a few hours ago I was stopped talking to a friend and the light and radio screen backlight started flickering ....I drove home and locked the car but the hazards didn't flash? I went to open the car and nothing happened ? ....tried for a while and failed so openened it with the key , tried to turn the car back on and NOTHING ! No power no nothing ...after a few minutes of trying it eventually came back on but the trip computer and radio had reset? Anybody know what happened there? Have a focus coming in January and the fiesta is getting traded in but still, the car shouldn't be acting like that?

Any info would be greatfull thanks

FRAN

midge3007
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: titanium
Refferer: online

Post by midge3007 »

I have the same problem and it's really getting to me now. Can some1 help as to what I need to do? Thanks