Voice Control, USB, AUX, Bluetooth Problems!!

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Hurst_13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S MK 7

Voice Control, USB, AUX, Bluetooth Problems!!

Post by Hurst_13 »

RIGHT,
This week nearly everything electrical has failed and what I am left with is just a Radio and CD player.
There is no power going to the USB and whether power is going to the AUX or not, if I press 'AUX' on the radio it doesn't do anything.
Same with the voice control button on the indicator stalk, nothing happens.
If I press the 'PHONE' on the radio it just mutes the radio.
I've been to two garages and they couldn't do nothing so its booked in to see a Mastertec. (Like the main, full qualified, up-to-date Ford Mechanic)

I thought it was a fuse and every last one is fine. (Including the correct one)
I also took the battery out for 20mins and all that did was reset the trip computer and take the 'auto' off the driver side window for a day. Weird.

If anyone else has had this problem and had it resolved, do let me know. If you haven't I'll put up what went wrong after its appointment.
Hopefully I get everything sorted because I have a big haul down to Derby next week and the Warranty runs out at the end of July. :(
Hurst_13

{text-align: center;}
Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Re: Voice Control, USB, AUX, Bluetooth Problems!!

Post by Graphite »

Hope you get it sorted mate! :o
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31

ash.ds
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta 1.6 titanium

Post by ash.ds »

my fiesta has the exact same problem! my dealer went as far as to install a new computer unit for the car and nothing changed. he even rest the vehicle to its default setting and nothing improved. he did mention the connection cable between the head unit and the comp unit might have a fault in it. will book the car in next week and see what happens. will keep you updated.

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

A few people seem to have this problem, mite be worth reporting it too watchdog if they don't get sorted.
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7

ash.ds
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by ash.ds »

how do we report it to watchdog?

hilwall
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta zetec s mk7

Post by hilwall »

Mine went down on friday with this issues took it back to them today to get it fixed on wearranty. They told me corrupt file in the modulas that needed resetting. When i did mention it to them they told me that they have hjad a few returned with the same problem but they are mainly the earlier ones.

I was pleased that they fixed the problem promptly and they even gave my car a full health check and valet free of charge

ash.ds
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by ash.ds »

Can you explain the problem in a greater detail because my dealer can't find the error, please help me out

hilwall
Drives: Fiesta zetec s mk7

Post by hilwall »

when i had my usb plugged in it would say that nothing was there. The bluetooth symbol wasn't showing and nothing could find it. Also the phone symbol had disappeared and when i preseed the phone button on the stereo mute would should up on the screen.

When i told them this they said that it could be a few things. The software may be corrupt which in my case it was or they may have to replace the whole modulas for the stereo. They explained that the usually find the problem bin the earlier mk7 fiestas.

Your ford garage should be able to plug in their diagnostic handset and be able to tell you what the issue is.

Sounds to me your local garage just don't want to help you. Is there any other ford garage you could go to. If they can't help you i'd start by asking for the manager then explain that you know there is an issue and that you've seen a few people mention it on ford forums and they had been told that theres an issue see what they say to that. A garage with a ford mastertech should be able to help you out

Hurst_13
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S MK 7

Post by Hurst_13 »

Right,
What the Mastertec done was order me a new, updated, Communications Module.
I had wrote down all the things I had tried and he just went ahead and ordered it. I erge anyone whoever has that problem just to go to Ford. Luckily mine was still under Warranty.

Because of the update I have this new setup that allowed me to play songs from my HTC, Wirelessly via Bluetooth, only found this out the other day :D
Haven't tried it with an iPhone yet, but it will be a useful little gadget! Should of done it all standard anyways!

Hope this help, because it can put you in a low way when your car is playing up!
Hurst_13

Graphite
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Scooby

Post by Graphite »

Thanks for the update - glad you got it sorted - and the bonus upgrade! :mrgreen: Nice one :dance:
And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31