Tire Size

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Cunnymonster
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 Zetec S TDCI
Refferer: Google

Tire Size

Post by Cunnymonster »

Need to fit some new tyres to my fronts.
Running on the 17" Zetec S Alloys, currently wrapped with 205/45/R17. Everyone is saying they should be 40? Is this right?
What what should be the advantages of using 45s? They seem to be ALOT more expensive.

{text-align: center;}
Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta mk7
Refferer: Search engine

Re: Tire Size

Post by Neoyami »

Yes I'm pretty sure 17 comes with 40s my 16s comes with 45s I just replaced all 4 tyres the other day 195 45 16 with Michelin pilot sport 3 and that set me back about £320 delivered to me directly from black circles the previous owner probably put 45s on there to make it slightly more comfortable

Cunnymonster
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 Zetec S TDCI
Refferer: Google

Post by Cunnymonster »

My local tyre place quoted that just for two! haha Ill look into getting 40s then thanks :)

Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Neoyami »

Yeah I never order tyres from a tyre place I always order online it's much cheaper and if you can get them fitted for free or cheap your wallet will be happy try blackcircles.co.uk as you can have them delivered or pick the fitted option and will give you a choice of garages and you can even get finance if it's over £300

Just did a quick check and your tyres range from £95 to £120 fitted per a tyre that was branded tyres eg conti,Dunlop,Michelin so budgets will be a lot cheaper if that's what you wanted

Adzy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: MK7 Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Adzy »

I am also in need of some new tyres for before my MOT next week. At the moment i have the Potenza 205/40R 17 84V, which i assume is pretty standard. However as i am in need of 3 new ones now might well be as good a time as any to change.

I have had a look on here and found many threads suggesting the best tyres however some appear quite old. What is the best tyre out there right now for the Fiesta? Usual attributes really, good grip, economy and a decent wet rating. Maybe road noise also but i dont want to get picky. The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 seems a common choice.

Thanks,

Adam

Neoyami
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Neoyami »

I have had the pilot sport 3 on for some time now and in the wet these tyres are very good in fact I was quite impressed with the grip and in the dry just as good I have noticed though that the economy has suffered a bit maybe by as much as 4mpg but hey as long as I can corner and stop very well in the wet I can stomach that.

alicia
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.4 titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by alicia »

I'm all new on here. Had my 1.4 titanium over 2yrs & I love her. Need a couple of new tyres (only one is directional which is a nightmare so may replace them all) wondering what the best tyre to go with is & whether to get lower profiles or if this is even possible just to make her look even better.

Any tips would be great :D