Number plate bulb holders

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Fiesta10
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Search Engine

Number plate bulb holders

Post by Fiesta10 »

Hi,

I've recently bought a 1.6 TDCI fiesta on a 10 plate with 12 months warranty.

I've come to swap the number plate bulbs today to LED, after placing the holder back into the recess, it seems really loose and won't stay in place. Shutting the boot seems to dis-lodge the holder and cause it to fall down. I took the holder out again and bent the metal clip over a bit more to try and fix the problem although this hasn't solved anything. Has anyone got any suggestions? The only thing i can think of is something like a silicon to help the holder stay in place but they could still easily be removed when the bulbs require changing.

Also on replacing the bulb the bulb holders have become very hot at some point and caused the plastic holders to show signs of burning. As it's under warranty would you suggest I get these replaced now to prevent them becoming a problem in the future.

Thank you!

{text-align: center;}
Cunnymonster
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: 1.6 Zetec S TDCI
Refferer: Google

Re: Number plate bulb holders

Post by Cunnymonster »

I had this problem
I took the holder out and bent the clip in (make it smaller) and eventually it seemed to go back in fine.
I also had burnt plastic llike that. cant see it causing a massive problem.