MK9 Fiesta Titanium audio upgrade

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Mk9 Titanium Fiesta TDCi
Refferer: Google

MK9 Fiesta Titanium audio upgrade

Post by scottbufc »

Hello all

Firstly, I am aware that this is for MK7 Fiesta but I could not find anything related to MK9's which is why I am posting on here.

I have recently got a 2013 Titanium Fiesta the one with the Sony head unit and am looking to upgrade the audio speakers. Possibly put some on the parcel shelf as well. Is it possible to do this in this model and has any one any idea of the best way to go about it?

Regards
Scott

{text-align: center;}
IAmConorr
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: MK7 - Frankie (;
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: MK9 Fiesta Titanium audio upgrade

Post by IAmConorr »

The reason there isn't anything on a Mk9 is because you have a Mk7.5 (mk7 with a facelift). It is possible to upgrade the speakers, but I wouldn't put them on the parcel shelf. IMO, I'd get a £100 Bassface underseat sub and that would do you

scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by scottbufc »

Ok, thanks for your response. Is this something you have done yourself? Is there a particular sub you would recommend? Are they easy to install? I have no car audio installation experience! Thanks.

IAmConorr
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by IAmConorr »

Haven't done it myself in the fiesta as I'm scared to rip it apart, but a few guys have, If you're keen on keeping the warranty Ford do a Pioneer sub and they'll fit it for you but they'll probably charge a bomb but worth a look

scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by scottbufc »

Ok, thanks for your help with this Connor. Do you have any links to this on any Ford sites?

I've looked on the main site and found nothing and also emailed my local dealer as they had nothing on there own website. Have you made any enquiries about it yourself? Any idea of the cost? I did see on another forum someone got the sub fitted and there vehicle lowered for £385 at there dealer.

scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by scottbufc »

N.B - I have now found this on the Ford website including the cost. Many Thanks for your help Connor.

IAmConorr
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by IAmConorr »

Well keep in touch, I might follow in your tracks ;)

scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by scottbufc »

I've had a couple of quotes from local dealers one asking for £313 and the other for £270 that includes the Pioneer sub, install, labour and VAT. The £270 dealer have told me that they have never done this install before though. The Sub can be bought online for £50/60 cheaper than what Ford are selling it for so I am looking to get some discount.

One question I do have is when the sub is installed is bass automatically stopped from coming out of the speakers? Is this something the dealer should do on installation?

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Refferer: google

Post by tonyk »

There is no option to limit the bass to certain channels with the standard head unit.

I have found running all channels into an amp with sound tailoring settings, power the fronts with the bass turned down and just bass going to the rears. Disconnecting the read speakers will allow you to turn the sub down by adjusting the front/rear balance.

I will say don't be afraid to take the car apart within warranty, I wasn't! Just stay away from the mechanical stuff.

scottbufc
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by scottbufc »

This is the Sony head unit Tony not the standard unit? Do you know if bass can be channeled on that?