Opinions on Moddifying My Zetec

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
mark7-mountune
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 zetec s mountune 140

Re: Opinions on Moddifying My Zetec

Post by mark7-mountune »

i'v got 7.5x17 et37 speedline turini's on my mk7 and dropped on eibach 30mm spings and no probs at all
the et37 saves the need for spacers and looks good imo
heres a pic

and i would if i had a white fez
plastics done gloss black
zs sideskirts
zs rear spoiler
lowered 45mm
new 17"-18" alloys done in a bright color ? baby blue , rs focus green ??
mirror caps done to match wheels
front and rear valance of some sort

{text-align: center;}
Figs122uk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 White
Refferer: Search Engine/Forum

Post by Figs122uk »

Mark7-mountune - your car looks gorgeous!

Your car sits beautiful on them alloys, is yours 45mm lowered or 30mm?

Also, what iiiis "et37" - I understand obviously the 17" and 7.5" but i dont get the et37.. Is that the thickness of the tyre from the alloy too the grip that touches the road or something? :s :doh:

Because however yours is 'sitting' like that, i want exactly the same, but with these style alloys:
http://www.alloywheels.com/product.asp? ... ords=Alloy

On the bright coloured alloy front - My plan was to have one of the spokes on each alloy sprayed lime green/bright orange :)
.. I like the idea of having a White car, with white alloys, and then having matt black bits all over it.. Personal taste :oops:

Im planning on having the wing mirrors matt black - but maybe too match the alloy color is a good idea! :mrgreen:

Alsooooooo. Is a 'Valance' the plastic bit on the bumper?

Thank you for your ideas - Its all taken on board :) :dance:

mark7-mountune
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mark7-mountune »

cheers matey :mrgreen:

it lowered 30mm matey
a valance/spoiler is an add on to the bumper ...
the bottom bit of my bumper has the mountune front valance/spoiler add on :dance:

the et37 is the offset of the wheel :ugeek: ..... its how much it will sit out of or in to the arch
mine sit nearly flush with the body work
standard zs street pack wheels are something like et47 and sit alot more in the arch
on a fez the lower the et the more they will sit out of the arch ...... hope that helps :whistle:

karl
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Zetec Sport

Post by karl »

Have you thought about getting your roof wrapped. ie covered in vinyl and heat shrunk on. Makes it easier if you change your mind.
Most of the decals on trucks are vinyl wrapped but you wouldn't know it.

mark7-mountune
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by mark7-mountune »

found these thought you might like um :whistle: ..... its not lowered tho :naughty:

Figs122uk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Figs122uk »

mark7-mountune wrote:cheers matey :mrgreen:

it lowered 30mm matey
a valance/spoiler is an add on to the bumper ...
the bottom bit of my bumper has the mountune front valance/spoiler add on :dance:

the et37 is the offset of the wheel :ugeek: ..... its how much it will sit out of or in to the arch
mine sit nearly flush with the body work
standard zs street pack wheels are something like et47 and sit alot more in the arch
on a fez the lower the et the more they will sit out of the arch ...... hope that helps :whistle:
Thank you for clearing all that up Mark7 - thats made it crystal clear.. Im getting slightly excited :).
karl wrote:Have you thought about getting your roof wrapped. ie covered in vinyl and heat shrunk on. Makes it easier if you change your mind.
Most of the decals on trucks are vinyl wrapped but you wouldn't know it.
Yeah i have, im not sure of anyone local who would do it - and would you still be able to get that 'matt black' look too it?
mark7-mountune wrote:found these thought you might like um :whistle: ..... its not lowered tho :naughty:
Image #2
ooooh myyyy god! Thats exactly the look i want <3 LOOOOVE IT!

Going off alloy subject - Who has wind deflectors?

If so, could i trouble you for a picture & a link too your wind deflectors please - i think they'd look ncie on my fiesta?

Thank you all again for your efforts & help - I honestly do appreciate it all

motocrossmad
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 zs
Refferer: ford owner club

Post by motocrossmad »

well you have two main choices for wind deflectors. Either team heiko or climair.
climair are the ford aproved ones- doesnt really go for anything to be honest.
ive got the climair ones on my car, i personaly think they look great and work as they should. i got them because they were cheap £28 new from ford discount parts place at ford fair.

theres a few people with team heiko ones fitted, it just depends on what you think looks best to be fair. all i would say is go for the dark tint and not the light tint

Figs122uk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by Figs122uk »

Thank you 'motocrossmad' - Everyone seams too be bang on the same idea as what im liking and getting it right the first time.

These Climair ones look nice. Ive looked on Google at the 'team heiko' ones and the Climair ones do look better :dance:

Edit: Just for reassurance, these are them aren't they?
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fi ... r_1005.htm

I'll be ordering these late this week along with;
- Clear indicator bulbs all round
- Some dipped beam headlight bulbs
- DMB Black & White Badges

... Just little bits before i take that step & get the alloys new year :). Hopefully bit by bit it will start too come on *Fingers Crossed*. :shifty:

Heres the next question(s) (sorry :/)...

1) Rear & side window tinting...
What price should i be looking around for it too be done?
What/how do they actually do it?
And how dark is dark - I have no concept of tint percentage :think:

2) What are the best dipped beamed headlight bulbs to buy - In terms of them being a blue tint/bright?
But of course they need too be legal :dance:

Thank you once again :drool:

motocrossmad
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by motocrossmad »

yeh there the right ones mate :)

ive done the clear indicators and the dmb badges so far. what badges are you ordering from dmb? full kit or just front and rear? i bought the front, rear and steering wheel. but when fitted my wheels stuck out like a sore thumb, so ordered the wheel centres aswell. finishes the car off.

im picking up my headlight covers tonight hopefully, so will get them colourcoded and fitted asap. will get pics up when i can

motocrossmad
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by motocrossmad »

for the window tinting, your looking at between £90-£120 for the rear 3 windows. they can be as black as you want. only the front side windows can be tinted to 30% i think (best check that one with tinters)
they use a film on the inside of the windows, cut to the correct size and apply like a big vinyl.