Are you planning on installing an aftermarket car alarm?

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
kabz77
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Are you planning on installing an aftermarket car alarm?

Post by kabz77 »

Good Afternoon All

I wanted to make you aware if you're planning on fitting an aftermarket alarm to your vehicle that the mk7 Fiesta's need to be fitted with a 'Canbus' type car alarm.
I spent just over £400 on having a Clifford Concept 650 fitted which wasn't working in harmoney with my factory fitted alarm. It took the fitter a whole day to work on my car, God knows what they were doing.
Any way to cut a long story short I got in touch with a mobile fitter who came to my home, ripped out the Clifford alarm, which took him 30 mins and installed a Viper branded canbus alarm which comes with dual shock sensor, I also had an extra interior sensor fitted as well as a set of air horns. In total it took the fitter an hour to fit the canbus alarm and this canbus type alarm didn't include running loads of wires through the car like the Clifford analogue style does. With a canbus alarm I dont need a seperate remote, everything works off the car key
Regarding the cowboy fitters I went to originally they are based in Leyton, east London and trade as In Car Music and In Car Alarms - STAY AWAY. I'll be adding a pic of the air horns fitted in the engine bay just in case others especially you guys that are modifying your car would like to do the same.
Thank you
Kabir
The Fez is slowly evolving

{text-align: center;}
Ben...
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: jam_rs

Re: Are you planning on installing an aftermarket car alarm?

Post by Ben... »

Cant wait to see and hear air horns
Took my horn out the other day to get to the fogs and had a little day dream about what i could get lol
Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 Panther Black
Project->http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10

kabz77
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Mk7

Post by kabz77 »

Here's the air horns fitted.
Attachments
IMG00171-20110122-1454.jpg
IMG00171-20110122-1454.jpg (98.26 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Kabir
The Fez is slowly evolving

Ben...
Drives: Zetec S TDCi
Refferer: jam_rs

Post by Ben... »

Get a video or sound clip up ;)
Ford Fiesta Zetec S 2009 Panther Black
Project->http://fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10