Interior Autodimming mirror

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
Jeffcooper
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Zetec 1.6 Diesel
Refferer: google

Interior Autodimming mirror

Post by Jeffcooper »

Ok, so I'm trying to upgrade my Zetec to Titanium spec (powerfolds and cruise both done fine) and my next project is the autodimming rear mirror and the auto headlights/washers. I've got a mirror, which I can't fit to the windscreen even temporarily, so I'm trying to test it without actually driving at night. Can anyone give me any advice re what happens to the mirror when it actually auto dims - is it a major change to green, or much darer, or what? and has anyone tried putting their hand over the front ambient light sensor to see what happens if anything?

Any advice and help would be very gratefully received :oops:

{text-align: center;}
StumpyBloke
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta 1.6 Titanium
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: Interior Autodimming mirror

Post by StumpyBloke »

In my opinion it gives is a greenish tint and of course, reduces the Intensity of light reflecting on it.

juniorkm7
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Sport 2013 1.6TDCI
Refferer: google

Re: Interior Autodimming mirror

Post by juniorkm7 »

Have you changed mirrors to powerfold ones? Maybe you know if it is possible to add only powerfold motors to heated electric non-powerfold mirrors? Do you know if there is adequate electric instalation for adding heated windscreen with light/rain sensor? I have fiesta after lift.