Problem after brake pad change - air on one side

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ndyer82
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Google

Problem after brake pad change - air on one side

Post by ndyer82 »

Hi
I have just changed the front brake pads on a fiesta mk7, removed the top from the reservior, pushed the pistons back, replaced the pads, started the car and the pedal is right to the floor on the first pump. On the second pump it is firm but pedal slowly travels to the floor on pressure.

I have tried bleeding the brakes. The passengers side was perfect with no air, the drivers side all continuous fluid and air bubbles - produces white looking brake fluid where airiated. The brake is still working but there is still travel.

I have tried the engine running with the brake pedal under pressure but slowly creeping down and both front brakes are working fine - tried with a long arm.

I cannot get rid of the air in driver's side front. I have tried leaving for 20 minutes and tried to bleed the drivers side brake again, three pumps of the brake there was no air then after that signs of air bubbles and white brake fluid coming into the bleed pot.

Any suggestions? Done hundreds of brake pad changes before and not had this problem. It is all pointing to the master cylinder but it is only air on one side.
Thanks in advance.

{text-align: center;}
jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Re: Problem after brake pad change - air on one side

Post by jam_rs »

I would suggest an issue with the caliper.

How did you get on with this?
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7