How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Guides to help you with certain aspects of your car. Please do not start a new topic asking questions in here, it will help keep the guides organised! If you do have a guide, please contribute it!
jofield73
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Titanium 96
Refferer: Search Engine

Re: How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Post by jofield73 »

Wow, okay so not sure if I'm getting out of my depth here :( luckily I have some pretty capable friends so if I can get the right equipment together for them, then they should have no problem fitting it. So Maniak, would you mind helping me a bit with the shopping list of what I will need? Am happy to PM you to save clogging up the post here.

When you say USB option on screen, what would I use that for? and I assume by Ford's IDS you mean megabucks for Ford to plug something into their computer for me and code it to my car?? :D

{text-align: center;}
Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Post by Maniak »

when you connect usb memory stick you can play music from it and you can browse through your usb memory contents on screen. Unfortunately at the moment only IDS can do it. You don't need to go to dealer, i have access to IDS and i guess someone in your area might have it as well.

hlennie
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: mk7 fiesta zs
Refferer: google

Post by hlennie »

Thanks Maniak :D Be interested in the heating conversion will look out for your guide keeps us updated on the other conversions.

jofield73 sod frauds if u need IDS I can do it for u Im in Gravesend so not that far, or I can build an as built file for u that u could ask a ford dealer to load as those idiots don't know what they doing half the time unless u really lucky.

jofiled73 also Don't be paying 200 odd for a sony I managed to bag mine with 4 speakers for 73 quid off the bay just keep a watch out and don't bid till the end if they want to pay silly money let em

Maniak
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta/mondeo
Refferer: uncle google

Post by Maniak »

hlennie try google translator for now http://www.fiestaklubpolska.pl/forum/vi ... hp?t=72643 will write proper guide in english when i get time.

jofield73
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Ford Fiesta Titanium 96

Post by jofield73 »

hlennie wrote:Thanks Maniak :D Be interested in the heating conversion will look out for your guide keeps us updated on the other conversions.

jofield73 sod frauds if u need IDS I can do it for u Im in Gravesend so not that far, or I can build an as built file for u that u could ask a ford dealer to load as those idiots don't know what they doing half the time unless u really lucky.

jofiled73 also Don't be paying 200 odd for a sony I managed to bag mine with 4 speakers for 73 quid off the bay just keep a watch out and don't bid till the end if they want to pay silly money let em
Thanks hlennie:D I'll definitely bare that in mind re the IDS! and I'm realising that patience certainly is the key to getting a good deal on price!! lol

tdcimatt
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta mk 7
Refferer: google

Post by tdcimatt »

hello and sorry to bring up and older thread but i have a question about the loom you have created

i already have the 1 big black connector and new radio aerial wire

My question is.... can i make this loom the other way to make it have the older connections so that i can add Bluetooth and Usb to my car as i have neither and i have no wiring in the car for this upgrade and the only looms i seem to be able to buy is the older one which doesnt fit my radio

BICCUS1
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: FIESTA 1.6 TDCI TITANIUM

Post by BICCUS1 »

Hi

I have just bought a 2009 fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium x and it has the older stereo and i would like the sony can these be straight swop my car has bluetooth and usb fitted ?

Thanks shane

TerryS
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Fiesta MK7
Refferer: Internet

Post by TerryS »

First, look which Plug do the Radio have.
And if you have the right plug it would be possible. :-)

BICCUS1
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: FIESTA 1.6 TDCI TITANIUM

Post by BICCUS1 »

ok thanks will remove as soon as i get a chance to have a look :)

frankavfc
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: fiesta titanium 1.6 tdci

Post by frankavfc »

hlennie wrote:Have also done the retro fit with A Sony with DAB unit in a 2010 Zetec s, you say just swap the wires on the screen plug but my plug does not look like the one in the picture any more pictures?

How did u get the screen to work?

Also hated the all red displays so soldered new blue LED's to the Sony control panel, lights a nice blue and white now, changed the LED,s In screen now Blue as well as the instrument cluster screen and dials.

Will add pics if any one asks
hi hlennie can you add pics of retro fit sony dab please been doing mine for 2 months thanks