How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Guides to help you with certain aspects of your car. Please do not start a new topic asking questions in here, it will help keep the guides organised! If you do have a guide, please contribute it!
Tim3207
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta mk7
Refferer: Google

Re: How-to Retrofit a non-DAB Sony to an early loom car

Post by Tim3207 »

tonyk wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm
This is my guide on building an loom adaptor to fit a non-DAB Sony (right) to an early loom car (left).

You will need;
Parrot wiring harness SOT-934 (VOLVO V70)
Parrot wiring harness SOT-984 (FIESTA/FOCUS)
Female Fakra to Female ISO aerial adaptor
Your choice of cable connectors (I used bullet style)
Non-DAB Sony stereo

As per all Haynes manuals, disconnect the battery when working with car electrics.

1. You will be using the plug from SOT-984 and both sockets from SOT-934. Cut these from the adaptors, leaving yourself 2-3" of wire to play with.

2. Taking your time, connect the wires as per my guide. The view is from behind(cables towards you) with the securing clip at the top. Colours are for guidance only and do not match the wire colours.

3. When all connected up, your should have a monster not unlike this.

4. Next, remove the old stereo as per the guide. I used my original screen so left this alone - http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php? ... stereo#p10

5. Connect the loom adaptor to the car as well as the aerial adaptor, then attach to the stereo.

6. Before screwing everything back together, reconnect the battery and test everything is fully working.

7. Refit is the reverse of removal. Make sure the adaptor is tucked out the way before sliding the headunit into place.

The only issue I found after fitting was the MUTE, CLOCK, and DSP buttons did not work, however the DSP can still be accessed through the MENU button and the other functions I can live without. I know others who have done the same conversion and had the same issue, this may have something to do with the fact the old stereo did not have these buttons.

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk.
Fiestamk7.com nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result
of you following this How-To.

Hi, i'm currently working on a retro-fit,my giesta is a 2010 model and i bought a radio from a 2014 model (the one with 2 black connectors)

The pictures you posted in the first original post don't open somehow. I'm having trouble with connecting the wires and the colors of both connectors. Is it possible to post them again or mail me them?

Massive thanks.

Kind regards, Tim

{text-align: center;}
fasto
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: googole

Post by fasto »

Does any of you guys have the pics from first post? I have everything , but cannot see how to connect the wires from SOT-934/984

CascaoPL
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta mk7 '09
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by CascaoPL »

Could the author reupload these pictures? I currently have some problems connecting the Sony radio (1 connector) aswell as the bluetooth, instead of the original serial unit (2 smaller connectors) without bluetooth.
Maybe someone else could help me to do this?

captaincarrot3
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S tdci
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by captaincarrot3 »

I managed to pull the pictures off a website from the deepest, darkest corner of the internet a while ago.

https://imgur.com/a/be8aIkg

I've put them on Imgur so hopefully this helps someone else.

jam_rs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drives: Fiesta XR2i 2.3 Turbo
Refferer: Me! Im the Boss!

Post by jam_rs »

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 22.09.39.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 22.09.39.png (150.18 KiB) Viewed 16539 times
fjZwEWw.jpg
fjZwEWw.jpg (67.36 KiB) Viewed 16539 times
Just incase these disappear from the above link!!
http://www.stevecookedjservices.co.uk - Mobile DJ Services- Herts & Essex
http://www.fiestamk7.com - A UK Based Forum Dedicated To The Fiesta Mk7