Dee's Mk7 Sea Grey Zetec S

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

Dee's Mk7 Sea Grey Zetec S

Post by Properphatboy »

Hi all, here's my 4th Fiesta, I'm calling Catherine (Zetec-S). Picked her up in Wales so that's rather fitting! Used to come on here a bit when I had my Mk3s so thought I'd come share as I finally have a Fiesta with a turbo, albeit a TDCI.

Anyway, pics:

When I got back home after collecting her it was a bit dark, but I got a couple anyway:

Then almost immediately took her on holiday with us!

Where she made some friends:

And the immediate method of lowering, a car full of camping gear (the glare helps mask how dirty she actually is here):

A wash and polish were in order when we got home:

{text-align: center;}
Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Re: Dee's Mk7 Sea Grey Zetec S

Post by Properphatboy »

Shiny!

And a hoover out:

With a polish and some new mats (I prefer these rubber cut-to-fit ones):

That's it for now! All very standard. As this car is going to be used for everything I've ordered a boot liner, but that's about it.

Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Properphatboy »

Very minor update. First off I got a silicone key cover. Tbh, it's not great. I'd probably go for a sticker thing next time:

Here's my boot liner. £20 of eBay wasn't bad IMO, as this should save my boot a fair bit. May carpet the seat backs at so e point though:

And lastly, a pic of it still beading in the rain. Has rained a fair bit this week so this isn't bad:

I've joined the ZS owners club, so waiting for my pack to arrive. I've also got an ELM327 WiFi on the way and I went to Ford today and ordered 2x 1708796, so more minor updates to come.

Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Properphatboy »

Now officially a ZSOC club member, as approve by Mr Fett.

Started with some of the mundane stuff. Like de-tangoing.

No fried eggs here.

Obligatory stickers. Immediately declared a chav by the gf.

Been driving it too. This is avg mpg for my first week back at school.

Got Dashcommand and customised a dashboard for it. Throttle % shown doesn't work so changed this for fuel pressure, but not uploaded that version yet. iPhone next weekend so might play with this more and make maybe just a boost and instant mpg dash for that, likely more similar to actual car dash.

OBD adaptor is WiFi.

Night mode.

Did LED sidelights when headlight were out but not got a shot at night. Can't see them on cam in the day really. However Ford garage still haven't called about focus washer jets and I can't really get there other than Sats now or call when I'm in school.

As for further plans, I'm watching asian grille, cup chin spoiler, wind deflectors and EGR blanking plate on eBay, but some/all these may have to wait (and I understand they're not the most exciting things to do). I have some 15's in the garage I'd like to get refurbed to go on, to reduce unsprung weight (possibly) and taking some inspiration from Sitech Racing's ST180 rolling on that size. My friend back home also has a Focus ST-2 and has his stock IC just lying around, but I think induction kit and cat-back should come before that really.

dave3974
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: fiesta 1.6 zetec s diesel

Post by dave3974 »

nice one

Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Properphatboy »

So I got some LEDs and lit up the rear number plate.

And here are the LEDs in the front too. Pic makes them look very blue, but they're white IRL.

The focus mist jets finally turned up, so I fitted those.

And lastly here's a close up of the custom dash for DashCommand running on my new phone. Just a boost gauge and instant MPG.

That's all for now! GF suggested I sell my old phone and then I could buy myself something with the money. May have to look into that. XD

Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Properphatboy »

So, I'm very aware this next picture may be a bit Marmite, however I'm happy with my choice.

So, these are my old wheels as seen here:

They're my favourite wheels ever (no, I don't know why) so I had them powdercoated in RAL7015 Slate Grey. They were a bit of a state to start with, but came up well.

Obviously they couldn't powdercoat the centre caps, so I sprayed them up myself.

And got some Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance tyres fitted while they were still in primer. So much grippier and quieter than the tyres that were on there! And I think the lower unsprung weight helps the feel when driving.

And as you may have noticed in the top pic, someone kindly knocked my mirror cap off, but didn't have the decency to stop and pic it up, so the next car up the road reduced it to this:

So I don't know whether to do the caps in the same colour as the wheels, or go white like I was planning for a few of the other car parts. Standard is always an option too I suppose.

Properphatboy
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by Properphatboy »

Minor updates.

Crazily my MPG has been suffering since the weather got colder. Happily this little mod has seen them going back up his week:

And chopped this in half:

It also passed its MOT this month with no issues and I quite enjoyed paying for a years tax! Discovered it is just the plastic lip underneath which catces the grass when I go down the lane to the garage, so a little lowering at some point may be on the cards.