My Panther Black/Orange Fiesta Zetec Sport

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 ZS
Refferer: google

Re: My Panther Black Fiesta Zetec Sport

Post by gainezi »

Wilko wrote:Did you have voice control before? If so, does it work still?
I did not have voice control in the car so don't know sorry.

{text-align: center;}
Rich
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 1.6 Zetec S
Refferer: Google

Post by Rich »

DGZS wrote:Think I might have to get myself one. Does it use your phone contacts phonebook like the standard head unit for the bluetooth?
Seans_Fes_Mk7 wrote:I think i'm going to have to save and get one aswell, it's all i can think about :( What i love about it though is that it looks so OEM but with all those great benefits incorportated into the single unit, winner in my books!
gainezi wrote:If you want to see anything specific, give us a shout, i'll do my best.
Luke
Hi all,
just joined the forum after recently purchasing my 58 plate Fiesta Zetec S... Love it, by the way!!!

I too can't stop thinking about the above head unit / screen, since spotting it on here last night :?
I have a few questions though for Luke and others (if you have made your purchases yet?) if you don't mind...

Is the GPS software just a basic version, i have a Tomtom at the moment and wondered how it compares to things like IQ routes etc, does it have anything at all like that, or is it simply an A-B sat nav? Plus how does it fair with GPS signal, does it keep a strong signal, or are there regular dropouts?

Have either DGZS or Seans_Fes_Mk7 got the model with the DVB-T or rear reversing camera? Just wondered what your thoughts are, especially with the digital TV reception / aerial?

Apart from that just general experience, good bits, bad bits, how did the installation go?

I know thats a lot, but i'd be really grateful for your opinions.

Thanks,

Rich :)

Also, this is the version i found on ebay, i'm hoping its the same http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-0 ... 490wt_1180

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

Hi Rich,
Rich wrote: Is the GPS software just a basic version, i have a Tomtom at the moment and wondered how it compares to things like IQ routes etc, does it have anything at all like that, or is it simply an A-B sat nav? Plus how does it fair with GPS signal, does it keep a strong signal, or are there regular dropouts?
I have never used a IQ TomTom so can't really compare it. From what I have used of the Sat Nav it seems to be A-B routes. I have used a few time when driving through the Yorkshire Dales (live there and still get lost!!) and the signal has always been perfect even in the remote areas. You get lots of options to play with on the Sat Nav, like speed displays, time to destination, etc, the usual. Plus you get find local attractions, petrol, hotels, airports, restaurants, etc. When i use it it does its job and i can't complain.
Plus i only wired the Sat Nav antenna into glove box from back of unit as could not be bothered to be honest to put to back of car but the signal is great as mentioned.
Rich wrote: Have either DGZS or Seans_Fes_Mk7 got the model with the DVB-T or rear reversing camera? Just wondered what your thoughts are, especially with the digital TV reception / aerial?
I wish I had paid for the DVB-T upgrade as it was something like £20 more on my unit. Now looking at £50++ ish to get one as an add on. The reverse camera kicks in on the screen when you select reverse but i didn't put a camera in.
Rich wrote: Apart from that just general experience, good bits, bad bits, how did the installation go?
Installation is fine if you know what you are doing. Lots of wires to fit into a really small space though and the installation guide is pretty poor English. However, its like any job, it all fits somewhere :lol:
Rich wrote: Also, this is the version i found on ebay, i'm hoping its the same http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-0 ... 490wt_1180
Looks the same unit but can not speak for them. Looks to come from different place in China instead of Hong Kong and costs £50ish more than I paid. Link to mine below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETO-Ford-Fies ... 4aaee3db55

Rich
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Rich »

gainezi wrote:Hi Rich,
Rich wrote: Is the GPS software just a basic version, i have a Tomtom at the moment and wondered how it compares to things like IQ routes etc, does it have anything at all like that, or is it simply an A-B sat nav? Plus how does it fair with GPS signal, does it keep a strong signal, or are there regular dropouts?
I have never used a IQ TomTom so can't really compare it. From what I have used of the Sat Nav it seems to be A-B routes. I have used a few time when driving through the Yorkshire Dales (live there and still get lost!!) and the signal has always been perfect even in the remote areas. You get lots of options to play with on the Sat Nav, like speed displays, time to destination, etc, the usual. Plus you get find local attractions, petrol, hotels, airports, restaurants, etc. When i use it it does its job and i can't complain.
Plus i only wired the Sat Nav antenna into glove box from back of unit as could not be bothered to be honest to put to back of car but the signal is great as mentioned.
Rich wrote: Have either DGZS or Seans_Fes_Mk7 got the model with the DVB-T or rear reversing camera? Just wondered what your thoughts are, especially with the digital TV reception / aerial?
I wish I had paid for the DVB-T upgrade as it was something like £20 more on my unit. Now looking at £50++ ish to get one as an add on. The reverse camera kicks in on the screen when you select reverse but i didn't put a camera in.
Rich wrote: Apart from that just general experience, good bits, bad bits, how did the installation go?
Installation is fine if you know what you are doing. Lots of wires to fit into a really small space though and the installation guide is pretty poor English. However, its like any job, it all fits somewhere :lol:
Rich wrote: Also, this is the version i found on ebay, i'm hoping its the same http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-0 ... 490wt_1180
Looks the same unit but can not speak for them. Looks to come from different place in China instead of Hong Kong and costs £50ish more than I paid. Link to mine below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETO-Ford-Fies ... 4aaee3db55
Cool, thanks for the quick reply. One last question, do the steering wheel controls still work?

EDIT: I just bit the bullet and bought this model, will update when it arrives and is installed... http://www.chinavasion.com/2-din-car-dv ... iesta-fit/

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

Rich wrote: Cool, thanks for the quick reply. One last question, do the steering wheel controls still work?
Yes they send a cambus support for steering controls
Rich wrote: EDIT: I just bit the bullet and bought this model, will update when it arrives and is installed... http://www.chinavasion.com/2-din-car-dv ... iesta-fit/
Good luck, you should find it straight forward :)

Rich
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Rich »

gainezi wrote:
Rich wrote: EDIT: I just bit the bullet and bought this model, will update when it arrives and is installed... http://www.chinavasion.com/2-din-car-dv ... iesta-fit/
Good luck, you should find it straight forward :)
Well it arrived all in one piece and looking good, but i ran into a problem pretty quickly... the oem speaker/power connector doesn't fit the connetor thats on the new units ISO cable :?

Any ideas?...
Attachments
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

From the picture, looks like it should fit fine? So not sure sorry. I go America for three weeks on Monday so i can't really pull mine apart to take picture lol.

Patricia
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by Patricia »

gainezi wrote:From the picture, looks like it should fit fine? So not sure sorry. I go America for three weeks on Monday so i can't really pull mine apart to take picture lol.
That's a gorgeous Regal............I am impressed very much with that paint job!!!

AutosoundBlackpool
Services
Services
Drives: Mk7 RS van - Audi RS4

Post by AutosoundBlackpool »

Sorry, i would have replied sooner ive not been on for a week or two. Thought someone on here might have pointed you to PM me as im a car audio installer! Your car is an early Mk7 upto 2010. The other plug is 2010 onwards and wont fit whatsoever. Sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers, Rob.
We're not just a business - we're car enthusiasts that love a challenge and do what others say can't be done.
FIESTA Mk7.com Forum Discounts for members

AUTOSOUND (BLACKPOOL)
01253 283381 / 07973 353632
www.autosoundblackpool.co.uk
autosound21@aol.com

Rich
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)

Post by Rich »

AutosoundBlackpool wrote:Sorry, i would have replied sooner ive not been on for a week or two. Thought someone on here might have pointed you to PM me as im a car audio installer! Your car is an early Mk7 upto 2010. The other plug is 2010 onwards and wont fit whatsoever. Sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers, Rob.
Yeah it definitely won't fit! I've been looking for an adaptor or 'changer' but with no luck atm... The newer connector seems to be quite illusive, to me anyway.

Have you got any advice on a solution, e.g. adaptors, or is it gonna be a cutting and wiring into a SOT-938 socket, job? :think: