My Panther Black/Orange Fiesta Zetec Sport

Show off your current Fiesta Mk7 project or daily driver. Or maybe you just fancy posting some pictures of your cleaned Fiesta Mk7!
EddB
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta MK7 1.25
Refferer: Google

Re: My Panther Black Fiesta Zetec Sport

Post by EddB »

Rich wrote:
AutosoundBlackpool wrote:Sorry, i would have replied sooner ive not been on for a week or two. Thought someone on here might have pointed you to PM me as im a car audio installer! Your car is an early Mk7 upto 2010. The other plug is 2010 onwards and wont fit whatsoever. Sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers, Rob.
Yeah it definitely won't fit! I've been looking for an adaptor or 'changer' but with no luck atm... The newer connector seems to be quite illusive, to me anyway.

Have you got any advice on a solution, e.g. adaptors, or is it gonna be a cutting and wiring into a SOT-938 socket, job? :think:
If you cant get this to fit at all, let me know and i'll buy it off you if you want to sell :)
Good luck :)

{text-align: center;}
Kennyken
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2010 Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Kennyken »

Rich wrote:
AutosoundBlackpool wrote:Sorry, i would have replied sooner ive not been on for a week or two. Thought someone on here might have pointed you to PM me as im a car audio installer! Your car is an early Mk7 upto 2010. The other plug is 2010 onwards and wont fit whatsoever. Sorry again to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers, Rob.
Yeah it definitely won't fit! I've been looking for an adaptor or 'changer' but with no luck atm... The newer connector seems to be quite illusive, to me anyway.

Have you got any advice on a solution, e.g. adaptors, or is it gonna be a cutting and wiring into a SOT-938 socket, job? :think:
When i got mine they asked me what year the car was and i had to take a photo of the back of my current stereo to show them so they could send me the correct unit. if you havent already, you could try asking them for an exchange.

Kennyken
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2010 Fiesta Zetec S

Post by Kennyken »

Cheers, Rob.
Hi
Have you had any dealings with type of stereo? (sorry for the slight thread hijack)
Its just i have had the same unit for a few months now and all is good apart from the steering wheel controls dont work and never have. its plugged in correctly and i get the warnings when the doors are open etc its just the steering wheel controls dont work...

@Gainezi - i agree that when the satnav is on, the volume controls become delayed which is annoying. I did go for the TV option and its quite good but only when stationary and you have to retune the digital receiver at every new location you try to watch it.

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: mk7 ZS
Refferer: google

Post by gainezi »

Not been on in a while, due back home in a week from America.
Sucks about the fitting. They asked me for a photo of the rear aswell...

Yes the volume annoys me a lot lol! The steering controls worked straight away for me with the canbus they supplied to cross them to new unit.

K30NNG
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Search Engine

Post by K30NNG »

Quick question see when you were ordering it did they have a choice of colours? Noticed you have a black dash and I have a blue one!

JackClargo
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fez mk7 zetecs petrol
Refferer: good old google

Post by JackClargo »

I had this head unit and sent it back 3 days later as the cambus went faulty , il try find the video but basically the radio changed to cd then to say nav then phone and so on every 34 seconds it is just a cheap unit I wouldn't recommend them but maybe I just had bad experience

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

JackClargo wrote:I had this head unit and sent it back 3 days later as the cambus went faulty , il try find the video but basically the radio changed to cd then to say nav then phone and so on every 34 seconds it is just a cheap unit I wouldn't recommend them but maybe I just had bad experience
That's fair rubbish. Mine is still working fine. Recently fitted mondeo sunglasses holder (thanks Ben!) a reverse camera and a push button ignition start like ford power. I'll look at uploading some pictures. Next fit will be DRL's!

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

So here is the sunglasses holder, reverse cam and push button start:
The sunglasses holder thanks to Ben. Submarine light is on order as the standard just looks boring!

The push button start, easy to install too. You can also see the reverse cam working in the background.

The reverse cam above the number plate, a pain to wire i found! Hardly visible though, really pleased with it.
Next up i'll be fitting the submarine light and DRL's

Griffin
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Drives: 2010 Zetec S
Refferer: searcngine/Forum/Per

Post by Griffin »

Brilliant job there buddy.

Did you fit the push button start yourself and how easy/hard is it?

Cheers

gainezi
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by gainezi »

Griffin wrote:Brilliant job there buddy.

Did you fit the push button start yourself and how easy/hard is it?

Cheers
Thanks mate.
Yes I fitted it myself. It's a easy job. Takes about half hour :)
If your looking to do it, you can get the kit like mine on ebay with instructions.