Powerfold Mirror problem

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ashley3283
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Refferer: google

Powerfold Mirror problem

Post by ashley3283 »

Hi,
Recently my mates mk7 clocks started playing up (LCD screen flickering) so he ordered a replacement set on eBay. When they arrived he plugged them in but did not work. He asked me if I would mind checking them on my car before he sent them back, which we did.
Since then my powerfold mirrors do not work (everything else on my car does cruise, climate, BT etc.), after some digging around I have found out the clocks are linked to the ECU and not interchangeable.

Any ideas what I need to do to my car to get my mirrors working again? Have they broken because of those clocks or just a coincident?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Powerfold Mirror problem

Post by Nath »

When you say clocks I assume you mean stereo screen? If so they are completely interchangeable (I've had 2/3 in my car with no problems)
If you go in to the settings via the stereo under Vehicle does Powerfold show up in the and is it set to 'link to lock'?

ashley3283
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by ashley3283 »

Nath wrote:When you say clocks I assume you mean stereo screen? If so they are completely interchangeable (I've had 2/3 in my car with no problems)
If you go in to the settings via the stereo under Vehicle does Powerfold show up in the and is it set to 'link to lock'?
Sorry I meant the speedo/rev counter clocks. Have checked the stereo setting is link to lock. even tried not linking it to lock then back on again?

ashley3283
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by ashley3283 »

Have also checked the fuses (not that I could find one specifically for the mirror folding behind the glove box but checked them all and none blown).

Nath

Post by Nath »

There are 2 relays in the fusebox for powerfold mirrors, might be worth checking them (see my video here: http://youtu.be/-P_4udZJfq4?t=45s )
Do they work by pulling down the button on the drivers door?

ashley3283
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by ashley3283 »

Nath wrote:There are 2 relays in the fusebox for powerfold mirrors, might be worth checking them (see my video here: http://youtu.be/-P_4udZJfq4?t=45s )
Do they work by pulling down the button on the drivers door?
Nath,
Thanks for your help here its really appreciated!
My car does have those 2 relays, how do I test if its them that's at fault? My mirrors have never folded in by pressing the switch on the drivers door, only when I lock it.

Thanks again

ashley3283
Fiesta Mk7 Poster
Fiesta Mk7 Poster

Post by ashley3283 »

Now fixed, think they got folded in by hand when I had it valeted and I didn't realise you had to press the mirror adjustment nob down to fold in, thought you pressed it in.
Any ways I had to press the nob down to reset it now they fold on lock. Hopefully this will help someone else!!

Thanks again Nath!!

Nath

Post by Nath »

ashley3283 wrote:Now fixed, think they got folded in by hand when I had it valeted and I didn't realise you had to press the mirror adjustment nob down to fold in, thought you pressed it in.
Any ways I had to press the nob down to reset it now they fold on lock. Hopefully this will help someone else!!

Thanks again Nath!!
My next question was are you pulling it down or pushing it in! Glad it's all sorted :)