Stereo plug

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta
Refferer: google

Stereo plug

Post by ukd4v1d »

I've got a 60 plate titanium, but it came with the standard ford stereo with bluetooth & USB. The plugs on the back are the wrong ones :( stupid ford! has the loom got an attachment further back? or would i have to butcher that loom to fit the sony?

{text-align: center;}
Nath
Fiesta Mk7 Major Contributor
Drives: Fiesta MK7 Zetec-S TDCi

Re: Stereo plug

Post by Nath »

ukd4v1d wrote:I've got a 60 plate titanium, but it came with the standard ford stereo with bluetooth & USB. The plugs on the back are the wrong ones :( stupid ford! has the loom got an attachment further back? or would i have to butcher that loom to fit the sony?
Which stereo connections do you have? Unfortunately I don't think anyone's made apadators yet.

marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Post by marshboy »

Thought this the other day I bet if u buy 2 parrot kit looms off eBay the new/sony loom and old plug/your original one could chop them up and make ur own loom that just plugs in and connects the car to the Sony!
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

Nath I've got the left :(

Nath

Post by Nath »

ukd4v1d wrote:Nath I've got the left :(
Oh dear - thought that stopped that one at the beginning on 2010 :(

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

strangly not, and me with the all singing and dancing titanium you would have thought would have 1 had the newer loom, and 2 had the friggin DAB radio to start with :evil:

Does that section of the car loom definently not have a break further back? I have meant to pop into ford parts see if they can blow it up on screen and have a look, but when you work nights you don't always get opportunities to do much during day :P

How would I go about obtaining both wiring looms print out/diagram online? I've been speaking to autoleads this morning and I might be able to either get one knocked up or have the relevant plugs supplied and make a mini loom to go between as suggested further up ;)

marshboy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Mk7 ZS TDCI
Refferer: Owner

Post by marshboy »

The look I used to put a sub I'm my mk7 saves cuttin up ford one.
No need to buy this n the new style one cut the thing up straight connectors done!!
500mile+ to a tank £20 tax and a right laugh to drive what more do u need!

project: http://www.fiestamk7.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=642

ukd4v1d
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Post by ukd4v1d »

That way would not work buying the two leads because the 2008-2010 model has two plugs, one for the power and ground etc and the other for the audio. The parrot kit only supplies the audio plug :( not the power plug as well as it doesn't need to tap into the power to allow the sound input to the stereo (the wiring looms purpose)

The 2010 onward model has both the audio and power integrated into one 24 pin plug

I'm still awaiting a reply from audioleads, i cannot see why it would be dificult to do if i can get the plugs because the haynes (which i bought this afternoon) does not have multiple wiring diagrams for the audio section, so I think the wiring colours are the same on both looms :)

I cannot see why ford would change the loom so much, Does anyone know if that section of the audio loom actually has a connection behind the dash which in turn connects it to the cars interior loom?

So i need the female side of the 2008-2010 audio & power plug and the male side of the 2010 model 24pin plug, happy days :P

I think it's pretty shocking that my 60 reg titanium doesn't have the right plug, as all reading with regards to this suggests the loom changed in June 2010, which would indicate that my cars maufacturing date is before that and has been sat in a compound somewhere before being registered post August 2010. Sods law I guess, me being the unlucky one :angry:

I still find it puzzling that the titanium, the apparent top spec model would not have the latest spec loom to begin with! I mean was the sony stereo not available on the Fiesta's dated 2008-2010? Rant over :P the hunt continues :D

Nath

Post by Nath »

ukd4v1d wrote: I think it's pretty shocking that my 60 reg titanium doesn't have the right plug, as all reading with regards to this suggests the loom changed in June 2010, which would indicate that my cars maufacturing date is before that and has been sat in a compound somewhere before being registered post August 2010. D
Put your VIN in to here and it will give you the date it was built: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
ukd4v1d wrote:I mean was the sony stereo not available on the Fiesta's dated 2008-2010?
Umm, you're right actually! Sony was only an option introduced in 2010 :p

tonyk
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular

Stereo plug

Post by tonyk »

I've been looking at this for some time because I do not want to chop the old plugs off. The old set up uses volvo style plugs so I have found a parrot adapter which has both the old plugs which I'll chop off the ones i'll need and attach to a 24 pin ford plug from another parrot kit.