removing the chrome below window

Any modifications/technical issues & tuning questions, help, suggestions & advice on;Maintenance, Servicing, Suspension, Interior, Exterior, ECU's, Alarms, ICE?. Help is at hand in here. Need for speed? Got a question or just browsing for ideas? Or see if your knowledge can help someone out.

Basically, if you have a problem or question about your Fiesta Mk7 - Post in here!
JBROBB
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec
Refferer: google

removing the chrome below window

Post by JBROBB »

does anyone know how to remove the chrome trim that is below the windows on a zetec or any suggestions on how to make it black easily?
cheers jamie

{text-align: center;}
Col64
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Newbie (Welcome Me!)
Drives: 2010 1.6 TDCI Titanium
Refferer: Search engine

Re: removing the chrome below window

Post by Col64 »

Hi there, I got my chrome strips under the windows and along the boot lid vinyl wrapped in gloss black, looks good, and I replaced the front fogs with ZS type ones from e-bay, they are not the best fit, but will do till I get my chrome ones sprayed panther black to match the car

JBROBB
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec
Refferer: google

Post by JBROBB »

I was thinking of getting them wrapped but the guy I went to said it want possible! Know that I know it is I will find someone else haha, thanks for telling us man

MrDunleavy
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Fiesta Mk7 Regular
Drives: Fiesta Zetec S
Refferer: Search

Post by MrDunleavy »

Open the door and look in the very corner towards the windscreen pillar and you should see a triangular shaped clip holding it on in the corner (left top corner for driver/right top corner for passenger).

Pry it away with a plastic spudger or flat blade screwdriver and pull up on the strip from the outside of the door. Run your fingers all the way underneath it across the bottom of the window and there will be one more small clip at the other side which takes a little bit of nudging and pushing to get out.

It takes a small amount of brute force but you will get there :)